Bud Biliken Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
For those not familiar with this annual "ritual", this is a parade that goes from 35th-51st King Drive and ends with numerous events in Washington Park (51st-59th st...King Drive-Cottage Grove). Billiken is a fictual character and supposedly celebrates back to school for the kids.

Frequencies to keep an ear on:

CPD: City-Wide 6 (460.250 CTCSS..162.2)****

Zone 5 (460.500..CTCSS 167.9).. Zone of parade

Zone 7 (460.075..CTCSS146.2)..Zone on south end of park

CFD: (478.4625..Digital EMS-South)****

(477.5125..Digital EMS-North)

***Primary Frequencies in use***

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I'M LISTENING TO YOU :~)
Premium Subscriber
Get ready...I wonder what "back to school" activities (e.g., crimes) are in store after the parade....
My wife works at the University of Chicago Medical Centers, and I had to pick her up from work yesterday. I got there around 2:45pm yesterday (she gets off at 3:30pm) so I was searching thru the CPD freqs and heard a call for assistance at 55th and **don't remember the street ** saying that a large crowd was about to get into a fight with parade goers. It did make for some interesting listening yesterday afternoon.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
My wife works at the University of Chicago Medical Centers, and I had to pick her up from work yesterday. I got there around 2:45pm yesterday (she gets off at 3:30pm) so I was searching thru the CPD freqs and heard a call for assistance at 55th and **don't remember the street ** saying that a large crowd was about to get into a fight with parade goers. It did make for some interesting listening yesterday afternoon.

That was probably the one at 55th Prarie. Report was up to 300 kids fighting in the street. Had an ambulance respond but no one was found. Driving into that direction during the Bud Biliken parade is like driving into a war zone...glad you and the wife made it out ok...LOL !

Status
Not open for further replies.