Buda, TX police

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6412

I am new on the forum and new at the digital scanning (since 12-25-2011). I have been scanning since my first scanner had six crystals that my brother and I would trade out when we wanted to hear different things. I live around Buda, TX and have done my best at downloading the Hays county police frequencys on my RS Pro-197 using the cable and paid membership using Win500, but I have not received any communications that include the Buda police department. I have heard that they are still being dispached by the Hays county sheriffs department but not sure if that it is true.

If anybody has information on the Buda police department or even a win500 file that I can download that has North East Hays county, Buda police, fire and EMS it would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
Buda Police is currently being dispatched by Hays S.O. and the above link for LCRA is the best link you can program. In the Buda / Kyle area use the Creedmoor repeater and the below listed channels are the best to put in which are all Buda related. PM me if you need any help I live in Kyle so I'm close to help

777 06-011 A Hays SO 1 Hays Co. Sheriff Dispatch 1 Law Dispatch
778 06-012 A Hays SO 2 Hays Co. Sheriff Dispatch 2 Law Dispatch
779 06-013 A Hays SO Talk Hays Co. Sheriff Talk Law Talk
780 06-014 A Hays SO Evnt Hays Co. Sheriff Event Law Tac
781 06-015 A Hays SO Trf1 Hays Co. Sheriff Traffic Stops Law Tac
782 06-016 A Hays SO Trf2 Hays Co. Sheriff Traffic Stops 2 Law Tac
788 06-024 A Hays Co SWAT Hays Co. SWAT Law Tac
365 02-135 A Texas Law 1 Hays Co. Intercity Texas Law 2 (155.370) Law Tac
366 02-136 A Texas Law 2 Hays Co. Intercity Texas Law 1 (154.950) Law Tac
786 06-022 A East Hays FD East Hays Fire Dispatch Fire Dispatch
825 06-071 A Buda Fire Buda Fire Department Fire-Tac
1434 11-032 A HC Fire Tac1 Hays Co. Fire Tactical 1 Fire-Tac

BPD unit numbers are in the 11xx's ex. 1112, 1113
SM/HC EMS for Buda located behind the Buda FD is Medic 54

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Chris

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I'll second everyone else, but lets make sure you choose the correct site to listen to first.

In the link above for the LCRA EDACS system, search through the site in Hays County and you'll see 3 sites (San Marcos, Wimberley and Cedar Valley). Creedmoor is essentially in Hays County as well.

Click on the names of the 4 sites mentioned to see their projected range. I don't know where you live but I can make a few suggestions. San Marcos wouldn't be a viable site. Creedmoor is a good site if you live east of I-35. Cedar Valley is a good site if you live northwest of Buda. Wimberley might be a decent site if you live west of Kyle/Buda or southwest of Buda.

Let us know if we can be any more help, and welcome to RadioReference.

Montz816

Emergency Communications
Premium Subscriber
San Marcos wouldn't be a viable site. Creedmoor is a good site if you live east of I-35. Cedar Valley is a good site if you live northwest of Buda. Wimberley might be a decent site if you live west of Kyle/Buda or southwest of Buda.

Let us know if we can be any more help, and welcome to RadioReference.

Great catch John I went with Creedmore just b/c its my pref but all the options are there and like i said good catch.

mike6412

I live close to 967 and 1626. I used the Creedmore one. I am not picking anything up right now. I think I made a mistake by seperating the police and fire into different groups. On some of the groups it says Nothing enabled! And on the ones that are scanning I can see names flash by so it is looking at sometining, but when I put it in MAN it alternates between the name of the frequency and ***No TSYS!***

I have read somewhere about the Nothing enabled! thing so I am looking for that Thread, but any input is welcome.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
No TSYS usually indicates that the specific talkgroup you're manually paused on is not affiliated with a TSYS, so it doesn't know what frequencies to scan to look for that talkgroup. From your location I'd bet that the Cedar Valley site would be best.

Send me your email address (by private message) and I'll send you a tried and true file for this area, I'm in South Hays County, so you might have to adjust the win500 a little bit, but I know mine works.

Status
Not open for further replies.