Buena Vista County and Pocahontas County radio findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I believe I have narrowed the encrypted digital on 155.250 to Buena Vista county. I have been comparing logged RSSI readings to other transmitters from Buena Vista county and their RSSI readings and they are pretty similar. Their license also reflects the P25 emission.

In Pocahontas county, the Laurens officers has been using 155.850(107.2 PL) to call into dispatch. You only hear the mobile side so this makes me to believe this may be the input to another repeater or maybe some sort of RF link. I also heard two Calhoun county deputies using this as well in CSQ mode.

Tim

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
155.85 is "Portable" used by many agencies as a car to car chat frequency. I know I've heard webster county deputies chatting about lunch plans there before.

IowaGuy1603

I believe I have narrowed the encrypted digital on 155.250 to Buena Vista county. I have been comparing logged RSSI readings to other transmitters from Buena Vista county and their RSSI readings and they are pretty similar. Their license also reflects the P25 emission.

In Pocahontas county, the Laurens officers has been using 155.850(107.2 PL) to call into dispatch. You only hear the mobile side so this makes me to believe this may be the input to another repeater or maybe some sort of RF link. I also heard two Calhoun county deputies using this as well in CSQ mode.

Tim

Wish i would have known that a couple weeks ago when I was at BVSO ----I would have asked

timkilbride

Database Admin
Wish i would have known that a couple weeks ago when I was at BVSO ----I would have asked

I have mentioned the P25 on 155.250 before on here. Probably a year or better ago by now. There was a guy in Sac County that was on this forum. Otherwise the next closest known users are clear in NW Iowa or Fort Dodge.

Tim

IowaGuy1603

I have mentioned the P25 on 155.250 before on here. Probably a year or better ago by now. There was a guy in Sac County that was on this forum. Otherwise the next closest known users are clear in NW Iowa or Fort Dodge.

Tim

Yes Tim i know you mentioned it before...........I am sorry I mentioned it

Status
Not open for further replies.