Buffalo, Amherst and Tonawanda Police Feeds Shut Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN61

Why were these three feeds shut down permanently? This was the only reason I came to this site, was to listen to those feeds. Now what do I do?

VN61

http://forums.radioreference.com/br...-where-did-feed-go-how-get-my-area-added.html

You could always buy your own scanner. Feed providers are volunteers who provide their own time, effort, radios, antennas, computers, electricity, bandwidth, shall I go on.

Welll, since I'm not a computer genius...I wouldn't have known that. No need to be rude. Second, if the online feeds are shut down online, wouldn't that be the same for offline as well? If not, any recommendations as to which brand of scanner to purchase? I'm a novice at this.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Welll, since I'm not a computer genius...I wouldn't have known that. No need to be rude. Second, if the online feeds are shut down online, wouldn't that be the same for offline as well? If not, any recommendations as to which brand of scanner to purchase? I'm a novice at this.

No. The only way an system could be un-monitorable is if they use an technology an scanner can not follow, such as using encryption, or the like. As far as I can tell, Buffalo and the like are not currently fully encrypted. Erie County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You will need an digital capable scanner though to monitor ECSO on the new P25 freq, and BPD on their P25 freqs and the ESU P25, as well. There is also some DMR use in EC, so you might consider an Whistler TRX-1/2 or Uniden BCD436/536HP for the ability to monitor DMR. (Free with the Whistler, pay for extra with the Uniden.)

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
I just asked the same question on the New York feed area on RR...I didn't see your post. Looks like IMHO that whoever was broadcasting the Feed, has decided to no longer provide the feed(s). Probably personal choice. I haven't seen a policy change about being able to broadcast or not PD feeds. I thought maybe there was due to all of them being shut down. That has been a safety concern. I guess all we can do is hope maybe someone else will in the future pick up those feeds.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Welll, since I'm not a computer genius...I wouldn't have known that.
Actually, looking at your post history, you have asked basically the same question twice in the past about different feeds, and were provided with answers already.
No need to be rude.
The only person I see being rude in this thread is you. W8RMH provided a link to a post explaining why feeds go away, and provided a reasonable alternative suggestion, none of which was rude.

Nasby

Hi. You don't need to be a "computer genius" to program or use a scanner.

With many scanners you simply punch in your zip code, select the service you want to hear and your're ready to go.

It's about as easy as using a cell phone.

Then you won't be at the mercy of someone else's scanner feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.