Buffalo Area Police Feeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
Did I miss something?? I just noticed that the majority of Police feeds in the Buffalo Area have now gone OFFLINE. And it states Permanently offline...How Come?? Just curious, Is this a new Policy???

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering because All of them are now offline permanently..I could see maybe 1 being shut down, but all are now gone...Just seemed out of the ordinary. I can see your point, though..I was wondering if due to safety concerns if RR or BROADCASTIFY was making a policy change about Broadcasting Police feeds...I haven't seen anything posted about a change..I just know the idea and concern of those type feeds is still out there.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Given the fact that the three feeds you're referring to were hosted by the same provider, it doesn't seem out of the ordinary at all. Sometimes people stop hosting feeds for personal reasons. It's not the first time this has happened, and certainly won't be the last.

nyemt774

Premium Subscriber
ahh okay, that explains it all...1 feed provider for all of them! I missed that. One of the downfalls of 1 person hosting multiple feeds..A shame they stopped, but maybe opens an opportunity for another feed provider to step up.

prc117f

ahh okay, that explains it all...1 feed provider for all of them! I missed that. One of the downfalls of 1 person hosting multiple feeds..A shame they stopped, but maybe opens an opportunity for another feed provider to step up.

They probably got tired of providing free stream so that so that someone else profits and all the feed provider gets is the expense side of the buisness. Would you fix cars for free while the garage owner gets all the earnings?

prolistener

They are all gone because it was the same feed provider providing all of the Buffalo/Tonawanda feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.