Buffalo Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben830

Yesterday I heard on Buffalo Fire, that when they dispatched calls they told them to respond on Ch. 3. But when I put it on Ch.3 I heard nothing. Are they using a new Ch.3? Any why do they use for what it seems like every call.

breaknewsman

Premium Subscriber
Is this apart of the city's digital radio changeover? I heard a few months ago that this was the way of things going, but, the police, fire and city were having funding problems to get everything online. Has anyone heard more?

BITT211

Buffalo fire maybe doing this ?

Been listening to channel switching , than going back to same format , have not talked to any firefighter from buff fire yet , but i noted ,it still looks like buffalo fire is still on [fm] not [narrowband] , thats what scanner id shows fm.
Nothing heard on programed p-25 , buff fire freq's.

BTFire21

I would be shocked if Buffalo Fire moved to P25 due to all the fireground problems with ambient noise and digital audio. Buffalo PD on the other hand is moving over there.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
Canisius Public Safety already has the new digital radios installed in their vehicles because BPD is switching over... and the fact that they've only been able to listen to Transit Police via Uniden scanners.

n4njj

Sin City Repeater Network
Yeah, exactly. Canisius PS works very closely with BPD and Transit Police because of the high crime in the area. All three have jurisdiction over the same area since the campus has subway stations on both ends.

D

DaveNF2G

Dave is there ever a post in NYS you don't have a comment for ? The second poster listed the channel and frequency for the person above.

Do you read threads before you comment? I was responding to message #3 in the thread, not message #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.