Bug Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZakAttackxx

I have reason to believe my crazy ex gf has an audio bug in my home somewhere. I need help on which of these bug detectors are best suited for this case. Bug Detectors

lmrtek

The A51025 looks like it covers enough range to find about anything and its cheap

Rred

IF there is a bug, they all have limited range. So either the ex is listening in from the next house(?) or there's a recorder or other store-and-forward device on the premises.

More likely that "bug" software can be installed on any cell phone the OP has, and that can be forwarding via the cellular data or wifi data networks all the time.

"Wow, great coke. Can you bring back, maybe two keys tomorrow? Hey, great, see you at seven."

Then if SWAT shows up...they'll help you bust their informant for illegal wiretapping.

0 posts

I have reason to believe my crazy ex gf has an audio bug in my home somewhere. I need help on which of these bug detectors are best suited for this case. Bug Detectors

.........This is why I look at number of posts before I waste my time answering.

He never returned...

Attachments

• zero posts.jpg
    zero posts.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 110

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I have reason to believe my crazy ex gf has an audio bug in my home somewhere.

I doubt it. Might be too much TV. As was stated, bugs are short range. Since they have to be small, they don't have enough battery power to transmit long distances for very long.
If it's a telephone bug, then just don't use the telephone for a while and see if things resolve.
If it's an app on your phone or something on your computer, you'll need help figuring that out.

Legal issues aside, of course.

As for crazy ex girlfriend, well, there's worse stuff that can happen. What makes you think she's bugged your home?

I need help on which of these bug detectors are best suited for this case. Bug Detectors

Don't waste your money. If it's an RF bug, the battery will run out soon. If she has access to your home to replace it, change the locks.
Distance yourself from her, and if you think there's a credible threat, make sure you get it documented and a restraining order. If you did find a bug, you'd be hard pressed to prove it was her.

Rred

Thank you for sharing that, Doc. Three weeks is just such a long time! What is that, 21 weeks in dog years?

If it was a clever ad bombing run, the mods will clean it up sooner or later. That's their business, not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.