ProScan: Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

Hi all!

Well, I am running a Dell Inspiron 15R, I7,Windows 8.1, the radio is a BCD536HP and ProScan 15.6. What is happening is if I delete all rows (both History and UID) 3 or 4 times during the monitoring session the program stops logging anything at all. I have to shut down the program and restart it again to fix the problem. This only started after the up date to 15.6, it did not happen with 15.5. It appears that all other functions of the software work as advertises, no problems detected. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it with the same results. No other programs are running other than my firewall, ZoneAlarm. I am at a loss. I did drop Bob a few notes about it. Right now he is on a holiday. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks!
Al
U.S.A.S.A.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
I am sure a copy of proscan 15.5 is still on your computer some where find it and use it in lieu of 15.6.

USASA

Greetings to all!

What I have found is that if I try to run 15.5 or 15.6 I have the logging problem. But if I run 15.4 the logging works as advertised. Bob if you see this and you need more info., please email me. I want to get this fixed so I can run the latest and greatest. I don't know what is different with my computer system from all the others, but something is causing this. Just to add I love ProScan it has been my mainstay for the BCD356HP since I got it. But who ever said scanning would always be easy. I have been scanning since 1970 when I got back from Viet Nam.

Thanks!

Al
U.S.A.S.A.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Greetings to all!

What I have found is that if I try to run 15.5 or 15.6 I have the logging problem. But if I run 15.4 the logging works as advertised. Bob if you see this and you need more info., please email me. I want to get this fixed so I can run the latest and greatest. I don't know what is different with my computer system from all the others, but something is causing this. Just to add I love ProScan it has been my mainstay for the BCD356HP since I got it. But who ever said scanning would always be easy. I have been scanning since 1970 when I got back from Viet Nam.

Thanks!

Al
U.S.A.S.A.
I'm aware of this. It's the 5th item on my list. Here's my list of issues so far. I haven't verified they are bugs yet. Order subject to change.
  • Recording rows & files not deleting automatically when 1 day is selected. Currently working on it. Sent out a test file.
  • NXDN import from RRDB. RAN not importing.
  • Google Maps external browser make it so can update node with new location.
  • TGID's not logging DMR Conv. systems.
  • When I “Delete All Rows” the program will not log in on “History “Logging or “Uid Logging”. I have to restart the program to make it start logging again.

Last edited:

danesgs

Many times when software is updated it causes issues not tested or found until people report it. There was a form program back in the early 2000's that the DOD used. When it was upgraded it caused certin forms to not look or print boxes properly. Returning to the earlier version "fixed" the issue. Many times when a program is upgraded to fix minor bugs it creates major ones.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi all!

Well, I am running a Dell Inspiron 15R, I7,Windows 8.1, the radio is a BCD536HP and ProScan 15.6. What is happening is if I delete all rows (both History and UID) 3 or 4 times during the monitoring session the program stops logging anything at all. I have to shut down the program and restart it again to fix the problem. This only started after the up date to 15.6, it did not happen with 15.5. It appears that all other functions of the software work as advertises, no problems detected. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled it with the same results. No other programs are running other than my firewall, ZoneAlarm. I am at a loss. I did drop Bob a few notes about it. Right now he is on a holiday. Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks!
Al
U.S.A.S.A.

This is fixed. Will be in the next release not out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.