Build your own AntennaCraft ST2 Scantenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjlongworth

Hello All - Well, I've been busy building two homebrew AntennaCraft Scantennas and documenting the process. For those of you who've been following along, I did the same for the Channel Master Monitenna a couple of months ago. I believe anyone interested in building their own antenna will find this design easier to build. It is certainly less tedious.

Again, I could not have done this without the help of Rich Carlson and "RodneyFarva" on the RadioReference forum. Thank you.

I have put in a considerable effort to produce this document. Please be kind. If you find errors, keep your feedback constructive. Due to the file size limitations, I needed to break the document in to four parts. They should be self explanatory. Let me know if you have trouble reconstructing it. If so, we can work out some other method to exchange the files. Also, I have all of the images, illustrations and CAD files available in much higher resolution. Let me know if you need / want them.

Attachments

• Build your own Scantenna Rev B Pages 31-37.pdf
    817.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Build your own Scantenna Rev B Pages 21-30.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • Build your own Scantenna Rev B Pages 11-20.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • Build your own Scantenna Rev B Pages 1-10 .pdf
    927.3 KB · Views: 173

garys

Premium Subscriber
Very detailed instructions. I might try this as a project provided I can find the materials locally. That's just to save costs.

A lot of work went into this, thank you.

jjlongworth

Thank you.

When the weather gets a little nicer, I will spend some time comparing the antenna's I built (the homebrew ST2 and the Monitenna) against a discone. It won't be super scientific, but I've thought through a method which I believe will provide good, relative, results. I will post whatever I find.

Jim

garys

Premium Subscriber
It will be interesting to see how well this performs. I don't have a band saw, but have everything else needed except material. I can probably find someone to cut those pieces if it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.