Building new radio room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zguy1243

Here are some photos of my new 12x16 building. I purchased the building as a stripped down building with no finishing. In the past week I have insulated, dry walled, wired. painted and trimmed the building. I also had a standard steel door installed instead of the barn door that came on the building as standard. I used all R19 insulation and sound board under all of the sheet rock and a double floor with sound treatment. I have installed a air conditioner and plenty of wiring in the walls for all the gear. I have just got the carpet in today and sat in some of the Motorola consoles. I plan to install black counter top around the entire building inside that will tie into the Motorola consoles. Shelving with be built around over all the worktops to house gear. I will keep this thread updated with photos during the install.....oh yeah and there is a 100 feet self supporting SSV tower going up too.

Jody

Last edited:

knightrider

Looks good so far. It should be comfortable from what I see. Does the A/C unit have heat, or will you have to do something extra for that? I am remodeling my shack, and it's a lot easier to operate in, but have to finish it up, and get everything stowed away. Hope to see pix of the finished project.

ka1njl

You have ruined my day

Wow, what a great space for monitoring! I am truly jealous. I made the mistake of following the link to your monitoring website and I am so impressed by your equipment that I am likely to do nothing the rest of the day but think about doing something similar at home.

Seriously, great space, great equipment and I really appreciate the audio you make available online. Now I have to figure out how to look productive at work while I am listening to your site.

zguy1243

pics are coming soon. Work has been very busy and haven't had much time to play around in there this week. Will get some photos this weekend for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.