Building the SDS100/SDS200 Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's been pointed out numerous times that most of the functionality of the new SDS100 and 200 mirrors that of the 436 and 536. But what seems to be ignored is that we have a 2 page article on the 436 and 536 that may help fill in a few gaps. There is a little SDS100 info here, too, and if there's enough interest and someone steps up to the plate (AHEM!), we could move the SDS100 links to their own dedicated page. Here's the link, and note at the bottom that not only is there an Easier to Read manual for the 436 and 536, there's one for Sentinel, too

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD436HP_and_BCD536HP_Scanner_FAQ

Mike

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
It's been pointed out numerous times that most of the functionality of the new SDS100 and 200 mirrors that of the 436 and 536.

The only major differences being the color display settings and the new filter settings, right? I have relied on the 536 Easier-To-Read Manual a few times regarding my SDS100/200 and it seems to be spot on. I am sure there are more differences in the settings than I am thinking about right now but the Mark's version is a great reference when configuring the SDS scanners. Same core setup and menu. Something every SDS owner should know, for sure...

JD
kf4anc

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Some topics for the SDS100 and 200 user wiki would include;
- The different color display settings
- The filter settings (are these 2 on the Uniden TWiki?)
- The SDS200 hum issue
- YouTube links for programming the 100 and 200

I think you get the idea...I can't do some of these as I don't have these scanners. The rest, as they say, is up to you. Even if someone were to supply the URLs and data for these items (and others), I would be willing to do the coding. PM me if you're interested.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.