Bullet Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Has any one in Tulsa noticed some strange poles, equipment in their neighborhood? I saw a single metal pole go up a month ago in the Brairglen neighborhood and then about a week ago it had 3 boxes mounted to it all facing different directions. Thought it might be something like a shot tracer.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Has any one in Tulsa noticed some strange poles, equipment in their neighborhood? I saw a single metal pole go up a month ago in the Brairglen neighborhood and then about a week ago it had 3 boxes mounted to it all facing different directions. Thought it might be something like a shot tracer.
Can't be sure where you are that's exactly what it is but it is reminiscent of what we have in Trenton New Jersey. I'm retired now but I was a photog, reporter and then Department editor until my retirement at The Trentonian newspaper, a seven-day-a-week daily.

We have had gunshot detectors around the city for a long time which go off constantly. Quite a bit of gang-related activity and drugs.

Gunshot detectors are very useful for the police who are constantly fighting the battle, especially when the gunfights are between two moving cars and travel throughout the city and they can actually track them from one gunfire detector to the next. Often the calls go unfounded but people will say there was a gunfight. The cops then just wait for reports from the local hospitals. Other times they find victims very quickly before the phone calls even start coming in because of the detectors.

It seems to work in mid-sized cities, Trenton is the capital of New Jersey and it's not a huge City so the system works, they do have quite a few of these detectors on poles and buildings.

nd5y

How high are the poles? How hight are the boxes? How big are they? Are you sure the boxes aren't panel antennas? It's probably a 5G cell sites or something. Pictures would help narrow it down, especially picures of any labels or markings on the boxes.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Judging from the pics submitted it is most likely a 5G Antenna. It's not very high up about 25-30' or so.5G.jpg

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed something just like this in the Moore/south OKC, Norman and Edmond Oklahoma areas however they are poles about that same height with a single black panel antenna on it that placed about every other intersection along main roadways. I assume they are 5G. I have ATT First Net on an Iphone 12 yet I still cant get any 5G service anywhere in OK. Strange thing is when I go to Wichita, KS for family I get 5Ge which isnt actual 5G but still. According to Firstnet im suppose to be getting 5G now but NOPE. Thats for another thread lol

Back to the subject I used to live just outside of Birmingham, AL in a town called Springville and they used Shot Spotter for their gunfire detection. I have used the software and its pretty impressive however their antennas are on commercial building around the city and not on poles however thats been about 5 years ago shortly after shot spotter came out.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Is there any "true full" 5G service anywhere yet? They all advertise it but I think it's a watered down version with no where near the speed that it is supposed to be. My son bought a 5G Samsung S21 and he's on Verizon in Macomb County, Michigan but performance is less than impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.