Bulletproof Suburban W/Secret service package

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0CSE

WOW!!!.....love to have it.....not sure how I would test the bullet proof aspect of it....maybe go down to Mexico
for a while and drive around......

JimmyL1011

How about one of these?

As close to bulletproof as I can get.

Attachments

• Suburban 1.jpg
    Suburban 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 8,680
  • Suburban 2.jpg
    Suburban 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 5,143

JimmyL1011

Wonder how the gas mileage is.

Oh, sure......there ya go trying to throw cold water on a good time. It's my daily driver but, alas, it could be easier on the wallet when it comes to fuel economy. My Suburban has HF, VHF, UHF, 700-800 MHz, 2-way Xmit capabilities. No whacker items: no strobes, wig-wags, siren, cage or front push bumper. It is equipped a Unity spotlight (anyone who's owned a vehicle with one will tell you the transition to a vehicle WITHOUT one is stressful.) The Toughbook is equipped with touch screen capability making using those itty-bitty buttons on the radios unnecessary while driving. A Verizon air card allows me to remain online as I drive. The vehicle was purchased and equipped specifically as a stable, robust mobile data and radio platform.

Who knows? While they have a "green" Tahoe Hybrid, they forgot to make a Suburban Hybrid. Did I mention the 42 gallon tank? When gas was over $4 a gallon it was possible to suffer through a $150 fillup at the local gas station.

Attachments

• Suburban 4.jpg
    Suburban 4.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 15,325
  • Suburban 3.jpg
    Suburban 3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 8,220

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
JImmy I remember that truck from when we did the install at my shop.. Secret service Limo's and suburbans are sent to assorted federal LE training acadmies for EVOC courses and then destroyed after they are no longer serviceable.

Last edited:

JimmyL1011

JImmy I remember that truck from when we did the install at my shop.. Secret service Limo's and suburbans are sent to assorted federal LE training acadmies for EVOC courses and then destroyed after they are no longer serviceable.

You mean, when I was LUCKY ENOUGH to find you guys. I've always been a big believer in permanent-mount antennas. This means dropping the headliner, drilling holes in my "baby" and pulling cable through the body pillars. I'll admit that when I was in my teens and early 20s I didn't give a second thought to climbing onto the roof or pulling apart the interior panels. Time and tonnage has made me much more cautious so when I needed 8 antenna holes punched into my sheet steel, I knew I could count on Lund Industries in Wheeling, IL. Lund supplied the console and MDT mount, I installed the radios/MDT. I had to move stuff around every so often to find the permanent configuration I liked the best.

You guys are life-savers and I vow to NEVER go anywhere else for mission-critical equipment and supplies.

(And no, I don't own, work for, or am otherwise compensated by Lund. I just wanna give the appropriate credit wher credit's due.)

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
Jimmy has a great install. WoW

International armor group that is my neighbor says $45-$145K plus vehicle. Depending on how far you need to go for protection..
check out there website for curiousity.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone can own a Armored Car, but Secret service one are required to be destroyed, this seems to be one that was outfitted but never used by the secret service.

The listing has been removed, must have been the Lights

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
California V C Section 21713 Armored Cars
Armored Cars
21713. No person shall operate on any highway any privately owned armored car unless a license to operate such car has first been obtained from the commissioner in accordance with Chapter 2.5 (commencing with Section 2500) of Division 2.
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc21713.htm

V C Section 2510 License for Ambulance or Armored Car
License for Ambulance or Armored Car

2510. (a) A person applying for a license to operate ambulances or armored cars shall provide separate identification data and reports of inspection for each vehicle as prescribed by the commissioner.

(b) No person shall operate a privately owned emergency ambulance or armored car until the California Highway Patrol has determined that the vehicle is in compliance with this code and regulations adopted by the commissioner. Ambulances licensed by the department shall be inspected by the department not less often than once annually.
http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2510.htm

Last edited:

Farscan

Premium Subscriber
The license is for an armored car-- like brinks--Wells Fargo etc. A business type armored car the same with an ambulance it says you need a license. The bullet resistant car is not anything like an armored car in the statute.

Status
Not open for further replies.