Bullitt County Going Digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I really want to myself but I can't since I am away from the area for college and can't manage the hardware and system from where im at. Also the ffed that is up for bullitt is still on the analog stuff

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if a new feed will be done? If there’s no one with plans to run one, I may put one up and have it scan Fire, and Police for now.

While I haven't specifically asked either one of the guys who have a hand in the current/old fire feed, I would suspect the intentions are to update the feed to the new system. They are busy folks on the fire department and they have a number high priority things on their plates.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was wondering if someone might even add a Calls Platform Node, which seems to be picking up popularity. Both are fine, I myself have not heard what the new system sounds like.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes but not all.

Fire 1,2,3 police 1, bullitt mutuals.
unsure about fire tac channels (hopefully they will)
EMS is encrypted but probably because that’s where hospitals are.
unsure about bullitt events and other channels that may be encrypted such as other PD.

Like with anything new, could change as time goes along and system is put to the proverbial test.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Finally had the opportunity to come back to Louisville and monitor the new site it sounds really good and Fire dispatch tones sound great as well way better than the analog all around glad to see that now all public safety members don’t have to worry about failure as much as before

Status
Not open for further replies.