Bulloch County :: New public safety tower

RRR

They are just 3 R's. Don't look too much into it
Premium Subscriber
Cam you provide photos?

mccleway

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Tray! I was headed over there on the way home this afternoon to get a picture, but you beat me to it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Wow, they aren't messing around with that!

So, does anyone know if will interconnect W/ SEGARRN? I thought there was already a SEGARRN system in Bulloch co. (That I never hear anybody on)

mccleway

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it will be tied to SEGARRN. And, yes, there is a single 700MHz SEGARRN site in Statesboro currently. I don't think anyone uses it in Bulloch County except for maybe a few PD/SO special task force type units using encrypted radios. I usually hear a lot of activity on that site, but it's all re-transmits from other counties like Effingham & Bryan.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
My does the Venture DMR system with Screven county come in good in Statesboro!

mccleway

Premium Subscriber
I will agree with you on that. The Screven, Jenkins, & Excelsior EMC DMR systems talk a long way.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't aware that was the EMC system. Letting the local govt's piggyback off their system sure has boosted coverage!

(On ID search, I have never heard any EMC type traffic on them, though...)

mccleway

Premium Subscriber
They each have their own systems. Excelsior EMC is not in the RR database. I just happen to have it because they are the electric co-op where I live.

mccleway

Premium Subscriber
I just included all of those in my comment because they're all DMR systems in this area that talk a long ways.

Reactions: RRR

gman4661

It is my understanding that Screven, Jenkins and Burke Counties are all UHF. Anyone know if they share repeaters sites or have have any interoperability?

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I know for a 100% fact that Jenkins County can operate on Screven County’s trunked system, because I have personally heard it myself. I’m not sure about Burke County though.