Bulloch County :: New public safety tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
On Screven county DMR, why is it showing up with 2 towers / sites in Sylvania? I can hear the same traffic on both, but with different color codes. One has several frequencies, and the other only has 2 or 3

mccleway

No.....that was their initial single site attempt. This new system operates at 850 MHz & has four sites located throughout the county.

Reactions: RRR

ericcumbee

No.....that was their initial single site attempt. This new system operates at 850 MHz & has four sites located throughout the county.
The new system is tied into SEGRRN though. the details in SDRTrunk are reporting SYSTEM:2C5 just like SEGRRN.

Also a lot of other counties talk groups are carried on the new system. their TG id is just their SEGRRN talkgroup id prefixed with a 0. i've heard Effingham & Bryan SO, Rincon PD, Candler EMS, Pooler Fire.

mccleway

Yes. It is tied to SEGARN, but it's a different configuration than what was previously installed. When they choose to have it linked, you will hear traffic from other counties. From what I understand Bulloch county is the only P25 Phase 2 TDMA system in the SEGARN network.

Davisfr1

Premium Subscriber
Mccleway and Ericcumbee,
Help with programming Unication G4 paging scanner for new P25 Phase 2/ TDMA on SEGARRN system for Bulloch County.
I am a retired healthcare provider / EMS medical director and interesting in monitoring the new system for Bulloch County / after 36 years still feel the need to "keep up" / can't completely get it out of my system.
I have reviewed your recent posts with great interest and have attempted to use your data to program the parameters for the P25 Phase 2. Tried "wildcards" for unknown parameters without success. Have the CC (and TGs) that were recently posted but still need System ID, WACN, RFSS ID and Site ID. (I have successfully programmed all the SEGARRN CCs/TGs for surrounding counties and they work well but I live in Bulloch County and that is the one system I can not monitor / obviously the first SEGARRN system that has migrated to TDMA).
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Frank

mccleway

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Unication equipment, but here's the other info you were requesting. Looks like the CC has changed to 856.9375 MHz right now. Maybe this will get your scanner working.

NAC 0x2c9
WACN 0xbee00
SYSID 0x2c5
CC 856.937500

N8IAA

Mccleway and Ericcumbee,
Help with programming Unication G4 paging scanner for new P25 Phase 2/ TDMA on SEGARRN system for Bulloch County.
I am a retired healthcare provider / EMS medical director and interesting in monitoring the new system for Bulloch County / after 36 years still feel the need to "keep up" / can't completely get it out of my system.
I have reviewed your recent posts with great interest and have attempted to use your data to program the parameters for the P25 Phase 2. Tried "wildcards" for unknown parameters without success. Have the CC (and TGs) that were recently posted but still need System ID, WACN, RFSS ID and Site ID. (I have successfully programmed all the SEGARRN CCs/TGs for surrounding counties and they work well but I live in Bulloch County and that is the one system I can not monitor / obviously the first SEGARRN system that has migrated to TDMA).
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Frank

Unless I'm wrong, SEAGARRN is not Phase II, it is Phase I. So, no TDMA. Bulloch county has only three TGID's that aren't encrypted. So, whatever you thought you would monitor is kind of nil.

mccleway

Davisfr1.....how long have you had your G4 & when was the last time the firmware was updated? Looking over some old posts, it looks like Unication released a free firmware upgrade to decode P25 Phase II. Was wondering if you might need to update it.

mccleway

Unless I'm wrong, SEAGARRN is not Phase II, it is Phase I. So, no TDMA. Bulloch county has only three TGID's that aren't encrypted. So, whatever you thought you would monitor is kind of nil.
This is a new 850 MHz P25 TDMA Phase 2 system in Bulloch county, and there are definitely more than 3 TGID's that are not encrypted.

mccleway

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Unication equipment, but here's the other info you were requesting. Looks like the CC has changed to 856.9375 MHz right now. Maybe this will get your scanner working.

NAC 0x2c9
WACN 0xbee00
SYSID 0x2c5
CC 856.937500
I think the RFSS is 1, and the Site ID is still 3.

mccleway

Yes.....if you look back through the thread I'm pretty sure I posted license & transmitter location information a while back. There are 4 sites throughout the county for this new system.

Davisfr1

Premium Subscriber

Thanks for reaching out. You are partially correct. SEGARRN was all phase 1 up until approx 3 weeks ago. Bulloch County was the first county to go to P25 phase 2 / TDMA based on the radio tech that services all the SEGARRN EMS radios in Chatham County. Unfortunately, he does not have the granular details for Bulloch.

Davisfr1

Premium Subscriber
Davisfr1.....how long have you had your G4 & when was the last time the firmware was updated? Looking over some old posts, it looks like Unication released a free firmware upgrade to decode P25 Phase II. Was wondering if you might need to update it.
Very much appreciate your quick responses. So far even with the new settings, will not lock on the CC. I have had it for 48 hours. Will research the firmware upgrade. Thanks again.

Davisfr1

Premium Subscriber
Very much appreciate your quick responses. So far even with the new settings, will not lock on the CC. I have had it for 48 hours. Will research the firmware upgrade. Thanks again.
Any of these match?
The scanner just started working with your new parameters. Just had to be patient.
Thank you!!
By the way, firmware was current.
RFSS was 1 as you stated. The Site ID came across as 9.
EMS and hospital link work well which was my real priority. Sheriff works.
The only thing that doesn't come across is Statesboro PD / ? encrypted. Using TG 12302.
Thanks again.

RRR

Premium Subscriber

You're a little late to the party.

The "Original" Bulloch co. SEGRRN was that way, but they have been on Analog trunking for quite a while now. Fire, Sheriff, Police, etc.

Have no idea what ever happened to the "Original" SEGRRN system for Bulloch county, but there is plenty to hear. (Unless someone gets stupid. ...Please... Don't...)

Status
Not open for further replies.