Bulloch County :: New public safety tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcumbee

The scanner just started working with your new parameters. Just had to be patient.
Thank you!!
By the way, firmware was current.
RFSS was 1 as you stated. The Site ID came across as 9.
EMS and hospital link work well which was my real priority. Sheriff works.
The only thing that doesn't come across is Statesboro PD / ? encrypted. Using TG 12302.
Thanks again.
12302 is SPD and it is encrypted 99% of time sadly. Although I can hear SPD Dispatch, and Central talking to SPD at some points.

12313 is the BCSO Operations TG.

Davisfr1

Premium Subscriber
12302 is SPD and it is encrypted 99% of time sadly. Although I can hear SPD Dispatch, and Central talking to SPD at some points.

12313 is the BCSO Operations TG.

Thank you for the update. I have heard nothing on TG12302 which you have now confirmed my suspicion for encryption. I will add TG 12313.
Thanks again.

cbrown

Gentlemen,

Got a BCD325P2 in the mail yesterday, I'm new to the P25 monitoring. This thread has helped me get started. A few things I'm confused about maybe someone could answer - N1GAW above posted a PDF of freqs in the 856MHZ range associated with callsign WRDP774 on Two Chop Rd. Are these ALL the SEGARRN system freqs for Bulloch County, in other words isn't there another site in Statesboro and if so does it use the same set of freqs as the Two Chop tower? Are the 772mhz-774mhz set of freqs posted on RR and described as the county's first attempt at digital no longer used? I have the "Two Chop" freqs programmed and am picking up traffic, I'm just confused as to whether or not I have the whole system or if I'm missing some. Keep in mind I'm only talking about the Bulloch site(s) not the others.

As for talkgroups I guess we're still trying to ID them and build the database, I logged Animal Control using 12331.

EDIT: I may have answered my own question this seems to be the rundown on each site freqeuncies posted earlier up the thread:
FCC Callsign WRDP774 (BULLOCH, COUNTY OF) so these need to be plugged in to make sure I'm connected to the system inside Bulloch from any location. Again this is new to me I'm used to single site configuration as on the old analog system.

Thanks

Last edited:

cbrown

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, I just realized once I looked closely at the site table that we're dealing with the same set of 6 frequencies at each of 4 sites. So I think I'm on the right track with my programming. Proscan seems to be a great tool as well. Now just to get all the TGID's identified and if someone could get SPD to turn off encryption we'd be doing even better!

Thanks!

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
Hi Folks. Has anyone heard any Fire Dept talkgroups? I was over that way last week and heard everything listed above except Fire Dept.

ericcumbee

12316 Bulloch Fire Dispatch
1232(?) Statesboro Fire Dispatch
12333 is SFD Fireground 1

I thought i had the Bulloch Firegrounds tagged already but im not seeing them.

Reactions: RRR

cbrown

I believe 12332 to be Statesboro Fire Dispatch.
12330 is Constables
12388 is a Statesboro Public Works channel, not sure if streets division or sanitation.

Mustang6521

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered a sds200 going to see if I can get it set up tomorrow been listening to Bulloch county for years with a old radio shack pro-488

MelissaKrack

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone on here program scanners? I just got a new Uniden BCD996p2. And have no clue how to program it.

kd4e

I believe that there are now 4 or 5 towers in Bulloch County with a goal of nearly 100% coverage, inside buildings, throughout the county. Thanks for posting the PDF of the Two Chop Road tower. How does one acquire the same for the other four towers, please? Also, RadioReference lists Bulloch County as a Motorola Type II Smartnet system (a Frankenstein mash-up of Analog & Digital which few apps handle). Is that correct or is it old information, please? Is Bulloch County, since all of the recent updates, now a true P25 Phase II system? (I've been chasing ways to decode Smartnet - P25 Phase II would be a whole lot easier to handle. P25 II can be decoded with two RTL-SDR dongles and a RPi4.) Also, has anyone built an up-to-date CSV file for Bulloch? (The one on RadioReference appears to be ancient.)

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I believe that there are now 4 or 5 towers in Bulloch County with a goal of nearly 100% coverage, inside buildings, throughout the county. Thanks for posting the PDF of the Two Chop Road tower. How does one acquire the same for the other four towers, please? Also, RadioReference lists Bulloch County as a Motorola Type II Smartnet system (a Frankenstein mash-up of Analog & Digital which few apps handle). Is that correct or is it old information, please? Is Bulloch County, since all of the recent updates, now a true P25 Phase II system? (I've been chasing ways to decode Smartnet - P25 Phase II would be a whole lot easier to handle. P25 II can be decoded with two RTL-SDR dongles and a RPi4.) Also, has anyone built an up-to-date CSV file for Bulloch? (The one on RadioReference appears to be ancient.)

The Bulloch County system was a Type II Smartnet system but the new stuff that Bulloch County has put up is now part of the SEGARRN system, so you have to check it for the frequencies/talkgroups in use. I've heard some of the Bulloch County talkgroups (Fire, EMS, and school buses I think - I don't monitor law enforcement) active on the Chatham County site. Unitrunker or DSDPlus with your dongles should do the job. I've used Unitrunker 2 with an Airspy R2 with both the Chatham and Glynn County sites with success (the R2 supports multiple VFOs, so you don't have to have multiple dongles). If you decide to buy a scanner to monitor them, avoid the Whistlers because they don't do a very good job with P25 simulcast sites.

kd4e

I understand that a Smartnet system can connect to SEGARRN but then I saw here mention that Bulloch was the only P25 Phase II system currently on SEGARRN - so I'm confused. It matters because P25 II is easy to do using a RaspberryPi but Smartnet is not currently possible via any RPi software. If Bulloch is, in fact, P25 II that makes everything a whole lot easier for me. The plan is to restore the stream to Broadcastify that was lost when they upgraded their system ... whatever it was that they changed. It seems odd that RadioReference has Smartnet (mostly dated 2016) on the main Bulloch page but it looks like P25 on the SEGARRN-related page (dated 2020). [The 854.0125c control frequency listed on their Bulloch SmartNet page doesn't appear to be available after rebanding.]

Last edited:

kd4e

OK. Unless informed otherwise - I'm ignoring RadioReference and returning to setting up for a P25 II system - on a RPi4. I'm getting frustrated because the bad information on RadioReference, little certainty locally, and nothing when I look at fcc.gov has me chasing my tail from one setup to another. Sigh.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Yes, Bulloch co. / Statesboro, and Portal are currently on P25 Phase 2.

Unknown if / when Brooklet and Register will join in as well, as they both have P.D.'s also.

Status
Not open for further replies.