Bulloch County :: New public safety tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccleway

Thanks Tray! I was headed over there on the way home this afternoon to get a picture, but you beat me to it.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Wow, they aren't messing around with that!

So, does anyone know if will interconnect W/ SEGARRN? I thought there was already a SEGARRN system in Bulloch co. (That I never hear anybody on)

mccleway

Yes, it will be tied to SEGARRN. And, yes, there is a single 700MHz SEGARRN site in Statesboro currently. I don't think anyone uses it in Bulloch County except for maybe a few PD/SO special task force type units using encrypted radios. I usually hear a lot of activity on that site, but it's all re-transmits from other counties like Effingham & Bryan.

Reactions: RRR

RRR

Premium Subscriber
My does the Venture DMR system with Screven county come in good in Statesboro!

mccleway

I will agree with you on that. The Screven, Jenkins, & Excelsior EMC DMR systems talk a long way.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't aware that was the EMC system. Letting the local govt's piggyback off their system sure has boosted coverage!

(On ID search, I have never heard any EMC type traffic on them, though...)

mccleway

They each have their own systems. Excelsior EMC is not in the RR database. I just happen to have it because they are the electric co-op where I live.

mccleway

I just included all of those in my comment because they're all DMR systems in this area that talk a long ways.

gman4661

It is my understanding that Screven, Jenkins and Burke Counties are all UHF. Anyone know if they share repeaters sites or have have any interoperability?

TRAYSCAN

Premium Subscriber
I know for a 100% fact that Jenkins County can operate on Screven County’s trunked system, because I have personally heard it myself. I’m not sure about Burke County though.

mccleway

Just curious if anyone had updated info on this new system. I've been keeping an eye on it from time to time, and actually noticed today that the old control channel of 856.8125MHz wasn't broadcasting anymore, and that 856.7375MHz is on the air now, but I can't get a control channel lock on it. I figured COVID issue caused the county to postpone earlier plans to migrate to the system in the March/April time frame. Anybody know anything?

mccleway

Just wanted to update this thread & let everyone know that Bulloch County switched over to the new P25 system today.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I was travelling through a week or so ago, and they were still on the analog trunking system. Most units sounded terrible. Hopefully the new system has them sounding louder and clearer.

So the "old" SEGRRN" P25 system never got any use? Never heard a peep from them on it.

Any TG's or anything yet?

mccleway

TGID's start at 12300 for Bulloch County.

So far:
BCSO: 12300
Statesboro PD: 12302
Bulloch EMS: 12311
GSP: 877 I think

ericcumbee

Have you had any luck locking a control signal? i've been trying to get my trunk-recorder setup working without much success.

mccleway

856.8125 MHz is the control channel.

I know TRAYSCAN said that he saw encrypted traffic on 12301, but I haven't seen any yet when I was in the area.

I will also confirm what ericcumbee added. 12370 appears to be EMS to ER communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.