Buncombe Co. 700Mhz and Pro 652

Status
Not open for further replies.

nated1992

Have a pro 652 and have put the information in for the buncombe county 700 MHZ with a antenna which is 25-1300mhz " so the packaging says " around 19Ft up with around a 45 to 65 run of Commercial grade coax "Stuff the Cable company uses for house drops ". i have been playing with it for about a week now and the best i have came up with is getting choppy audio... Sentences or words here and there.

Viper comes in no problems
along with the normal VHF/UHF public service bands

Will be glad to share any information or settings i have in place!

Thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The system is P25 LSM. Unless your very much in the closer ranges of an single tower, you will get multipath distortion. You just have to play around with the settings etc. Only other options would be buy an BCD436/536HP, WS 1080, or once fully available, WS 1095 and play around with the ADG settings for the system. Welcome to the "joys" of P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation.

nated1992

The system is P25 LSM. Unless your very much in the closer ranges of an single tower, you will get multipath distortion. You just have to play around with the settings etc. Only other options would be buy an BCD436/536HP, WS 1080, or once fully available, WS 1095 and play around with the ADG settings for the system. Welcome to the "joys" of P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation.

Well then, Will manipulating the high/low thresholds have any effect or is that unrelated?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
That one I can't answer directly, as I am not sure how those settings would affect the overall performance of the scanner. It could possibly help with the BC P25 LSM TRS, but then wreak havoc on your reception capabilities on the VIPER P25 TRS, Ashville TRS, all the UHF/VHF Conventional Systems etc.... The primary problem with scanners other than the 436/536HP's is the codec used to "decode" the P25 digital audio. Uniden switched to an different type of codec, that has proven to work very good on LSM systems, and Whistler added multiple settings to the original codec that seem to be working pretty good when "played" with on the WS 1080, which is their modified version of the original GRE PSR 800, and so far same with the WS 1095 in beta testing. (The 1095 is the modified version of the never released GRE PSR 900.)

Status
Not open for further replies.