Buncombe County Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I just returned to Asheville for the summer and noticed that there appears to be a strong signal (with no audio) on the old VHF fire frequency (155 610). Since I don't have the ability to monitor the new P25 system in my vehicle, I must rely on the legacy VHF simulcast of the dispatch channel.

Can anyone advise if this mystery signal has been present for a while, or is it likely that it is just a stuck microphone from one of the local fire stations? In most cases, the fire dispatcher can overpower the mystery signal, but the constant carrier prevents my radio from scanning other frequencies.

Thanks in advance...

John

AlphaFive

That is certainly reliable old KDC300 (Buncombe County). It is blasting away in downtown. 103.500 PL, which is what it has always used. Definitely sounds like an old fashioned case of "stuck mic". Solid CW transmission. I swear if you listen close enough, it sounds like traffic passing by..

Last edited:

drayd48

I drove through there not too long ago. Fire paging happens on 154.815 and the use their Trunking System for other county ops

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like someone asleep at the console lol... And since they have the VHF patched to the TRS... Which TG is stuck carrier?

drayd48

The 2 frequencies / talkgroups are patched? They were not when I went there? Are they?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I thought each tg was linked to its VHF counterpart like SO used to be before the SO VHF was turned off.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

As of 7:52 this a.m. problem has been resolved. The frequency is still used in a "simulcast" system (someone will pick on that term, fine). The frequency 155.6100 and the 700 Mhz. frequency come on at the same time for a particular transmission..........better? Sorry, the old man is cranky this morning. Take care all

AlphaFive

At this point no talk group i.d.'s or frequencies on the 700 Mhz. system appear to be open, everything is operating normally.

Last edited:

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Passing through town.0
Currently near Biltmore, hearing voice traffic, but not a steady carrier on 155.610.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.