Buncombe County, Nc - Feed Survey Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I have been providing Buncombe County 700Mhz system for months now and I only get a max of two people streaming. With this said its look like to me this is a wast of resources and time. So the Question is what can I do to make my feed better and get more people to start listing to my feed, What would you alike to hear on my feed?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Query, was yours the one listed as Weaverville? Maybe if you changed the name to Buncombe P25 it would get more attention? Or if you did it with BCSO dispatch, APD dispatch, BC EMS dispatch, NCSHP G, and maybe MAMA 1 and 2 dispatch and called it Buncombe Public Safety? Allready an BCFD's feed, and an AFD feed so duplication would be pointless. Can't list any tactical, special ops, car to car stuff as that is against our TOSes. Just a few suggestions.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
The system is still in test mode and all tactital channe; are encrypt so there no need at this point to block anything yet. Working on getting the feed name changed soon once I get my system back up and running from the storm. But looking to get more then 3 user a week.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The problem with scanning in search/open mode is any non-encrypted transmission can be received, and streamed, including talk groups other than "routine dispatch and special event" which are the only type of law enforcement talk groups which are permitted by the Feed Provider Terms of Service. See Below:

Law Enforcement Feeds

Feed providers agree to ONLY broadcast routine dispatch and special events channels and talkgroups for law enforcement agencies.

I agree to NOT broadcast dedicated tactical, car-to-car, SWAT, narcotics, detectives or any other channels or talkgroups that are not routine dispatch or special events related.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
so far all the other channels like Tac, SP, Ect. are encrypted. So no one can hear whats going on. The way I got is setup now is that any one that monitors and aslo find new ID's and post them on RR.com. All the channel assingment Now are tempary and can change any time. So one channel that was tac-1 could be dispatch another. Here in my county Dispatch channel is used as tac anyway.

Sence all Car to Car and SWAT, ERT,ect are Encrypted then I have no fear of transmitting any unwanted messages. Example:

Buncombe Sheriff Events Multi-Talk
1020 - Buncombe Sheriff - Encrypted, Can't hear
2001 - Buncombe Sheriff 1 - Dispatch, ok to transmit
2002 - Buncombe Sheriff 2 - Tactical, Also used for dispacting ok to transmitt
2003 - Buncombe Sheriff 3 - Secure, Also used for dispacting
2004 - Buncombe Sheriff 4 - Records, encrypted
2008 - Buncombe Sheriff 5 - Encrypted, Can't hear
2010 - Buncombe Sheriff 6 - Service, Mixed bag

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
but to get back on subject. What would you all want to hear on my feeds so I can get more then three people a week to listen.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
For me personally, I would love to hear the following that is on the BCTRS: SO/PD's Dispatches/Events, EMS Dispatch, County Fire (Once it all finally gets settled and assignments finalized). ATRS: APD, UNC-A Dispatch/Events. VIPER: All the assigned Buncombe Primary TG's including UNC-A, MAMA, and NCSHP Troop G. Asheville Fire/Rescue is already covered by its own feed. Buncombe Fire conventional is also already covered, and not sure if they will continue simulcasting them and EMS on the TRS or switch fully eventually. But if they do switch full time to the TRS, your already prepared.

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
For me personally, I would love to hear the following that is on the BCTRS: SO/PD's Dispatches/Events, EMS Dispatch, County Fire (Once it all finally gets settled and assignments finalized). ATRS: APD, UNC-A Dispatch/Events. VIPER: All the assigned Buncombe Primary TG's including UNC-A, MAMA, and NCSHP Troop G. Asheville Fire/Rescue is already covered by its own feed. Buncombe Fire conventional is also already covered, and not sure if they will continue simulcasting them and EMS on the TRS or switch fully eventually. But if they do switch full time to the TRS, your already prepared.

Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.