Buncombe County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Good Evening folks,

Over the last week I was able to make a few trips downtown and do some searching in the 700 band. The Buncombe County system is finally online (barely) and in testing. I have very little details minus what I could pull in from Pro96Com and a few friendly emails from those in the know.

First things first DON'T PANIC, the current analog conventional system isn't going anywhere anytime soon, start saving your pennies now so by the time everyone is fully on the system (at least 3 to 5 years away if they're lucky), you can shell out money on a digital scanner.

Secondly, this system is only a single site, 3 channel system, that isn't putting out more than 10 Watts. I had to drive all the way into town to get a rough reading on the control channel, which faded when the wind blew and disappeared sharply after I went south of the hospital....so don't anticipate hearing anything if you live outside the city limits.

Feel free to PM/email me if anyone has any questions or anyone wants further details. Anonymous contributions are always welcome as well. Good luck and happy hunting.

Here's a link to the newly added system:
Buncombe County Public Safety System Trunking System, Asheville, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

ZeroGravity

Premium Subscriber
769.14375 is not licensed anywhere in NC. Not surprising though because it's national interop channel 7TAC51 in the NIFOG.

Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/nifog-v1-4-resized-for-pda-viewing.pdf

They may be doing some testing with the frequency, but I'm sure it's not permanent for a trunking system.

I don't see any new activity in FCC GenMen for Asheville between 769.0-869.0 MHz.

Time will tell. Good catch though. Let us know what you hear on it.

-ZG

ts548

As of right now they are testing the 3-channel system using the Harris Unity radio's. It would make sense considering every department that surrounds Buncombe is either on VHF or UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.