*buncombe fire/ems*

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate1992

Just wondering how do you know for sure you where getting hacked i hosted both buncombe co, and asheville city feeds for 3-4 years no problem, i still host both of the on another website with no problem so the fact you say you got hacked is curious to me! But any ways @ mitchco911916 try contacting the current feed provider for the feed maybe he can tell you as to way its currently down after all he dose volunteer to host the feed!

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I run a ip fire wall linux box and I have a static-ip and some one was doing a ping bomb on me and shutting my system down. It started when I started to broadcast and ended when I stopped. so someone did not like me broadcasting.

nate1992

I run a ip fire wall linux box and I have a static-ip and some one was doing a ping bomb on me and shutting my system down. It started when I started to broadcast and ended when I stopped. so someone did not like me broadcasting.

Sorry to here that =/

KE0SKN

KE0SKN - Member
Premium Subscriber
I run linux... the cable modem runs to my server box. That computer is ibm 300pl o/s is IPcop-linux, from that its connects to my switches and wireless transmitter, all my computers are ubuntu linux boxes, and one computer was running windows xp pro for the audio feed. The person that pinged me would over load my ibm and that program was commanded to shutdown under a attack. it started when i was broadcasting and it all stopped when i closed the feed. Seance then i had my ip changed and might put a feed up later in the spring.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I am surprised that the ping bomb made it past your cable router, most give you an option to prevent ping requests. Also turn off port forwarding unless you are using it for VPN or other service and you can allow it for a specific port only. As I said before, turn off ping request in you software firewall, if you don't have Zone Alarm or some other software firewall get one. (Zone Alarm has a free version) Wiki has a very good description of ping bomb and other DNS attacks, they also give some basic advice on how to prevent them. Good luck, don't allow someone to prevent you from providing information and a service to others. I suspect it may be a member of service that doesn't like you providing it, I would doubt that the agency itself would condone this activity, but you never know.

nate1992

Do you have charter ISP? as said previously i have ran buncombe co. and asheville feeds for about 4 years now no problem ....... so maybe it has something to do with your ISP =O

It troubles me that some one would attack you just for hosting a audio feed on RR.....

Status
Not open for further replies.