Burbank Police - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrasse

Hello everyone. First time posting here. I just got my BCD436hp and I am just starting to get into scanning. I've tried to add my local department from the ICI Smartzone, I wrote it to the scanner, but it is still not scanning that specific system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -John

jgrasse

Hello,
I just recently got the BCD436hp and I'm learning more about scanning. I tried to load the Burbank system into my scanner but with no success. The only success I have had was loading the Interagency Communications Interoperability System but with a frequency for Burbank police dispatch of 2161. Now I tried loading the Interagency Communications Interoperability System - Smartzone which had the right freq. in there of 34576. I wanted to try to write that to my scanner because that is the freq that the feed on broadcastify is using. I loaded that system in my radio but it did not play. I then went back to Sentinel, and the Interagency Communications Interoperability System - smartzone was gone from the database but the regular Interagency Communications Interoperability System is still there.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, i would greatly appreciate it.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference and the forum! Open Sentinel and click to open the Profile settings. You'll see your favorite list with two columns entitled "Monitor" and "Download". Make sure Monitor is on for the system in question. For some reason, once a new favorite list is added, the "Monitor" selection defaults to "off". Here's a link to the Easier to Read manual for Sentinel.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Here’s another suggestion if you programmed manually. If you downloaded from the database within Sentenel you won’t need this suggestion...

Make sure your Service Types are turned on for that system... and that the system has a Service Type assigned to it. (Menu>Select Service Types

jgrasse

Welcome to RadioReference and the forum! Open Sentinel and click to open the Profile settings. You'll see your favorite list with two columns entitled "Monitor" and "Download". Make sure Monitor is on for the system in question. For some reason, once a new favorite list is added, the "Monitor" selection defaults to "off". Here's a link to the Easier to Read manual for Sentinel.
Bob, I made sure all monitoring was on.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
JT, I selected only Burbank.
Did you select the site(s) that are closest to you under the ICI system also? You would need to do this as "Burbank" just contains the talk-groups, no frequencies. Find one or more sites that surround your location and experiment with which one(s) comes in best and carry the traffic you are interested in hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.