Burglar shoots homeowner in Dearborn Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z96cobra

Earlier today I heard traffic about a homeowner coming home and finding a burglar inside his residence on North Dearborn Road. The burglar managed to get a .357 Glock from the homeowner and left on foot, leaving his vehicle at the victim's residence. I heard officers swarming the area and setting up a perimeter and even bringing in a helicopter. Didn't hear much for a couple of hours, until now.

Just dispatched officers and EMS to a residence in the same area for a homeowner shot by a burglar. Heard deputy report that victim was shot in the back and they are now setting up an LZ for AirCare. Suspect is reportedly in a black 95 Thunderbird but officers haven't located it yet. Situation ongoing

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Listening to it as well. I think they know who he is. They think he hit 74. Hamilton County, OH SO helicopter 9H10 back en route. Was there earlier for the search.

z96cobra

Scannerfreak, are you having any issues with audio? I'm having intermittent audio drop outs and not sure if it's me or system probs.

z96cobra

I need to check my setup then. I can see the "Sunman" tower (located in Franklin Co. @ Southgate) from my house. I'm not hearing any traffic on MA1 so I need to check into that too.

Also just heard that the handgun used in the shooting was a Sig .357, but that may be from the shell casing and the gun could still be the Glock from earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.