Burke Lakefront Tower 319.800 Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankJ

Anybody heard them lately? I haven't heard comms on this frequency in months. Just wondering if it moved......

Yokoshibu

dafif.... IFR SUP
digital aeronautical flight information file

IFR sup = Instrument flight rules Supplement

and why would you listen to burke on UHF? its not like they get a heck of a lot of military traffic!

FrankJ

I know the frequency is listed....that's why I posted it! Has anyone CONFIRMED or HEARD that the frequency is still active lately?

BTW, I don't listen to it regularly. There is some departure and arrival comms, but I don't think it's military....

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
FrankJ said:
I know the frequency is listed....that's why I posted it! Has anyone CONFIRMED or HEARD that the frequency is still active lately?

BTW, I don't listen to it regularly. There is some departure and arrival comms, but I don't think it's military....

ATC controllers don't always select up the UHF milair frequency for use unless they need it. Some do, most don't. Also, VHF and UHF are not crosspatched unless selected that way; usually what you'll hear is a multicast of the tower controller, if he/she has selected that frequency in addition to the VHF frequency.

It could be months before you hear that UHF frequency in use, especially since most military aircraft have VHF radios and can contact ATC using the VHF frequencies.

Tom WA8PYR

Yokoshibu

^^ bingo, they select wether or not to multi cast onto uhf ... that might not happen untill the next airshow, and even then the majority of mil traffic is pushing to vhf unless its a fast mover like f-16's and 15's cause they have more uhf radios available

Status
Not open for further replies.