Burlington Co 700 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It says in the article the 3 new towers are planned to be in Bass River, Cinnaminson and Pemberton township. I guess its about time to write a very nicely worded letter to Burlington County Freeholder Latham Tiver and beg them not to use encryption for everyday police traffic. I didn't work for the other counties so I have little hope for us listeners in Burlington county. Police transparency is going away fast around NJ.

Septa3371CSX1

Why can't they just do what Bucks County did?? Anyone know when they are switching over? Thought it was 2 years away?

It's still a little ways out. The main reason these counties aren't following Bucks County's lead is that they tend to cater more to the police chiefs and like to tell the community it's being done for everyone's safety (which we know is BS). With the system not yet in place there is still time to influence things. Best bet is to write to your local police chief and your county freeholders and urge them to not encrypt primary dispatch channels. Be sure to say that you feel it is in the best interest of the public that these channels remain open to provide transparency and keep citizens in the loop.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
County has approved $24M for the project. Total will be $33M. Supposed to start work in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.