Burlington Co Public Safety building evacuated includ Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Carbon Monoxide situation. Some were transported to hospital.
They're on some kind of alternate dispatching, but are still dispatching. Maybe someone else can educate us on how they're working it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Open the windows? LOL... I think it's the building on Woodland Road so I don't think they can open the windows. I'm sure FD CO2 detectors have something to do with it also.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Guess they found the culprit, they're back to normal operations and off of 'continuity of operation' alternative.
Still like to know how they were still dispatching. Remotely?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any PSAP worth a damn will have either a fully functional backup PSAP, or some sort of contingency plan for if the primary PSAP should become uninhabitable. In some cases, it could be as simple as manning a mobile communications/command vehicle that has the necessary resources. You might be surprised at just how capable some modern MCC's are, with LTE links to the phone/911, CAD, and radio systems, so that pretty much anything you can do in the dispatch center, you can do in the back of a vehicle.

wnjl

I think it was serious enough to transport a couple of folks from there because they called in a Virtua medic chief and ambulances from as far away as District 43.

The continuity of operation plan also involved seemingly every fire station in the county having someone contact Central on R-1 to let them know they were "in station for calls". I guess maybe this also constituted a continuity plan in case dispatches didn't go over F-1?

This was definitely a first for me in 25 years of listening to the county on the scanner!

jeff

Premium Subscriber
The plan calls for stations to be manned in the event paging cannot be accomplished. Not sure what the status is now but there is back up dispatch center at the county highway building in Pemberton and there were plans to have one at the Mt Laurel police station. This same event occured a while ago and they did go to Pemberton.

ecps92

They're on some kind of alternate dispatching, but are still dispatching. Maybe someone else can educate us on how they're working it.

ecps92

The backup dispatch center in Mount Laurel was handling the 911 calls for the county.

Any PSAP worth a damn will have either a fully functional backup PSAP, or some sort of contingency plan for if the primary PSAP should become uninhabitable. In some cases, it could be as simple as manning a mobile communications/command vehicle that has the necessary resources. You might be surprised at just how capable some modern MCC's are, with LTE links to the phone/911, CAD, and radio systems, so that pretty much anything you can do in the dispatch center, you can do in the back of a vehicle.

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
The fully operational backup site in Mount Laurel.

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
I think it was serious enough to transport a couple of folks from there because they called in a Virtua medic chief and ambulances from as far away as District 43.

The continuity of operation plan also involved seemingly every fire station in the county having someone contact Central on R-1 to let them know they were "in station for calls". I guess maybe this also constituted a continuity plan in case dispatches didn't go over F-1?

This was definitely a first for me in 25 years of listening to the county on the scanner!
The continuity of operations dispatch plan should NOT have been instituted for this type of emergency. Off-duty operators were paged out to respond to the backup site in Mount Laurel while evacuations were underway in Westampton. This should have been a more seamless transition and outside agencies shouldn’t have been notified because the routine dispatch operations were not impacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.