asking for money. Of course the politicians
feed right into it. And I also know from
personal experience that when the police try
to keep thier activities a big secret and the
secret gets out, they get real mad around
here! lol

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk

Septa3371CSX1

I do not think delays for online feeds would satisfy certain departments that did not like their channels on broadcastify. Especially Camden city. I guess they're getting the last laugh now.

Burlco's DTV interference has been an issue since the DTV broadcasters went full power. The Burlco system was online prior to this and there wasn't nearly as many problems. I don't know if NYC being on the lower end of the T-Band helps them or not. Everything in south Jersey that was/is having DTV interference is mostly on 500MHz and above. Some moved down to 450-460MHz to get away from the interference.

I do remember hearing about Camden County's issues several years back. Their interference was coming from stations in Boston and CT. It seems the closer you get to the coast the more issues you have. Where I am in Delco (PA) they've been on 500 MHz for decades and I've never heard any complaints about DTV interference.

phillydjdan

No Delco's interference is from DMR repeaters in Mercer County, but you don't notice down there. Where I am in Philly it's horrible :(

emt3212

I can tell you the County has asked for counts on all the radios each department is using and their types. Unknown if they are going to do a 1 for 1 swap yet.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
emt3212 I sent you a private message. The county is trying to get grants to cover the cost of the subscriber units similar to what they did when they went to 500.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
They have only asked for mobile radio counts and types thus far...

wnjl

I'd be the last guy to be a proponent for encryption, of course, but has anyone else noticed some pretty blatant issues with the current Burlco TRS the past couple days? For minutes at a time, the ends of transmissions have been hanging on certain talkgroups (happening with the dispatcher on P-1 right now), rendering the talkgroup useless. Last night they ran another one of those 'digital TV interference due to atmospheric conditions' messages systemwide. There is some tropospheric enhancement ongoing but it seems to be fairly garden variety to me. If the system can't even handle typical summertime band openings anymore without going down, it definitely has issues.

elias1988

Feed Provider
It's not going to show until control channels and talkgroups are added to the database. You can add it manually, I did this with the Ocean County one.

Last edited:

klomba01

Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase 2 system

is anything on the air or purchased for this system yet?

elias1988

Feed Provider
nothing on the air yet,this was submitted to the FCC with the request to extend the buildout deadline:

The Burlington County phased implementation plan for the 700 MHz digital trunked radio
system is as follows:
Phase Timing Description
1 7/13 – 3/15 Site Prep / System Specifications / Microwave /Vendor Evaluations
2 7/14 – 7/15 Core Network and Consoles
3 7/14 – 12/15 Radio Infrastructure
4A 10/15 – 2/16 Subscriber Equipment
4B 3/16 – 7/16 Subscriber Equipment
4C 8/16 – 1/17 Subscriber Equipment

wnjl

Central is completely down at the moment. Only the units in the field are able to transmit on the TRS with the ongoing storm (featuring a tornado warning, no less).

emt3212

It came back up tonight, I have noticed it up and down alot lately. Almost every night I get "no Comms" on my radio.

Jeff, I got your PM, sorry I'm only usually on here when I'm on shift.

elias1988

Feed Provider
nothing on the air yet,this was submitted to the FCC with the request to extend the buildout deadline:

The Burlington County phased implementation plan for the 700 MHz digital trunked radio
system is as follows:
Phase Timing Description
1 7/13 – 3/15 Site Prep / System Specifications / Microwave /Vendor Evaluations
2 7/14 – 7/15 Core Network and Consoles
3 7/14 – 12/15 Radio Infrastructure
4A 10/15 – 2/16 Subscriber Equipment
4B 3/16 – 7/16 Subscriber Equipment
4C 8/16 – 1/17 Subscriber Equipment

Updated as of yesterday:

1 July 2013 – March 2015 Site Prep / System Specifications /Microwave /Vendor Evaluations
2 July 2014 – July 2015 Core Network and Consoles
3 September 2014 – December 2015 Radio Infrastructure Procurement
4A October 2015 – March 2016 Subscriber Equipment
4B April 2016 – September 2016 Subscriber Equipment
4C October 2016 – March 2017 Subscriber Equipment

jeff

Premium Subscriber
County has added 3 new sites all on water towers: Merchants Way, Kings Grant, Evesham Twp.; Devin Rd and Broad St, Burlington City; and 19000 Commerce Pkwy, Mt. Laurel Twp.

Status
Not open for further replies.