Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjl

Anyone in the know aware if some changes to accommodate the new system are occurring?

This is totally inferring if there's any correlation on my part, but within the last week:

- All dispatcher Radio IDs on the current TrS have changed
- The audio quality of the two-tone pager tones on 154.220 has been adjusted
- The microphones of the dispatchers on F-1 also sound different and I have heard several sequences where Central has been testing over the air

lou9155

Anyone in the know aware if some changes to accommodate the new system are occurring?

This is totally inferring if there's any correlation on my part, but within the last week:

- All dispatcher Radio IDs on the current TrS have changed
- The audio quality of the two-tone pager tones on 154.220 has been adjusted
- The microphones of the dispatchers on F-1 also sound different and I have heard several sequences where Central has been testing over the air

the only thing i noticed was a much lower audio level on 154.220 for about 2 days..now its back to normal. Ive never heard a dispatcher use a radio ID..can you clarify please

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
the only thing i noticed was a much lower audio level on 154.220 for about 2 days..now its back to normal. Ive never heard a dispatcher use a radio ID..can you clarify please

wnjl is probably referring to the console ID's that show on a scanners display when the dispatcher transmits on a talk group.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Agreed with above. I know for Wayne TRS, it’s such a small, specific group of IDs for the dispatch consoles. Police can be a number of IDs(mobile/portable).

A lot of times too, audio wise, and range wise, dispatch will come in louder and clearer than mobile/portable users on the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Hate to wake this thread back up but I'm noticing the frequencies for the P25 system have disappeared from the database. Is that because of the extension request? Has there been some change in the plan?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Elias is correct. It was decided to 'stage' it until we see some actual forward movement on the deployment side of things.

elias1988

Feed Provider
You can always take a look at the FCC licenses and conventionally program in the closest sites to you and wait for active control channels to come online. I did this with the Ocean County system.

phillydjdan

I hope 2 things happen:

1) they dont setup 200 talkgroups they'll never use.

2) they seperate fire and EMS comms like everyone around them.

lou9155

im also hoping the audio is easy to listen to like NJICS is...NOT like the horrible squawking of camden county phase 2....on the positive it will mean a new base scanner

W2SJW

Database Admin
I hope 2 things happen:

1) they dont setup 200 talkgroups they'll never use.

2) they seperate fire and EMS comms like everyone around them.
I'm pretty sure #1 is a safe bet. I'm friends with the guy from /\/\ that set up that system, and it's been discussed numerous times already about the good intentions (but poor execution) of that original plan.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Just an update on this system I received today from a friend in-county:

All LE traffic in the county will be 100% encrypted. Fire, EMS, & other services will be in the clear.

Basically, a carbon-copy of what's been done in Camden & Gloucester.

Expect to see major activity with the new system by October through November this year.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
They all must be paranoid, there is no there is no other justification for encryption for routine police patrols. So much for police transparency. There is no need for encryption. The ratio of people listening to the police with a scanner opposed to the people who are not is extremely small. Even if people are listening to an online feed, which a lot of folks including the police will use to justify encryption, the ratio of listeners to non-listeners is still extremely small.

Status
Not open for further replies.