Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtd99

Premium Subscriber
I'm using both an SDS100 and a Unication G5. I'm based in Berlin Camden County about 1 mile from the county line and about 6 miles from the nearest transmitter in Kings Grant Evesham Twp. The SDS scanner does a great job from anywhere within Burlington County so far based on hearing TGID 3601 (Burlington County Hwy Dept patch from UHF) and still good coverage at my home. The only issue there is difficulty with voice frequency 769.56875 which is close to 769.69375 which is the control channel for the Berlin site of the NJICS about 1 mile from me and very strong. But that's the only issue with the SDS100. I get perfect copy on my G5 all the way down to the Turnersville area (which is the beginning of Gloucester County) and improved reception within Burlington County - particularly around Atsion Lake which had been weak previously. I really hope the county gets the ball rolling on switching over soon. It's really needed especially coming into the late spring and summer months where DTV interference becomes a real problem during the nights.
I have not tried to receive Trenton yet, but Mercer County P25 starts to come in on my SDS100 around the Mt Holly area using a Larsen Tri Band antenna. It's pretty solid around Bordentown and Mansfield down towards the Columbus Market.
I can monitor the Ocean County P25 system using the Unication G5 from my location in Berlin. I get just enough signal if I use an adapter and scanner antenna. Mind you, that's about 30 miles away from the nearest transmitter in Plumstead Twp. Reception is better anywhere north and east of Medford and can even be heard from the Batsto area on the way to Tuckerton.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you need more advice about scanners and antennas. EMTd99, where are you located?
Thank you so much for your informative response! I am in Pemberton Twp,Burlington Co. right of rt 70 a couples miles from the Ocean Co border of Manchester Twp. I am trying to find a scanner that will do what i want but not cost the most $$$ LOL

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I've only heard the simulcast of the highway department and radio tech chatter. Most of the radio tech chatter is encrypted. Yesterday DSD plus indicated some new TG's and radios affiliating and de-affiliating. That's about it for now.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Portables have been delivered to many or all firehouses. Still boxed and not programmed. My local contact doesn't have any kind of schedule, but it's now there is movement.
Rick

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have heard from several sources that the county is slated to switch over to the new system around the third week of July for all public safety users pending some further tests. I was told that County will be doing away with the Response regions for Fire/EMS in favor of a pool of several ops channels that are assigned based on the order of calls occurring countywide. For instance a EMS call in Florence would be assigned to Ops 1. The next call to come in is a fire alarm in Evesham that would be assigned to Ops 2. County would cycle through all the channels and then start at 1 again. I have also heard that F-1 will be permanently patched to a TG on the new system. I have submitted some new info to the database on the frequencies I have seen in use during testing and patching of the county highway channel. Hopefully we get a channel lineup of this system soon.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I have heard from several sources that the county is slated to switch over to the new system around the third week of July for all public safety users pending some further tests. I was told that County will be doing away with the Response regions for Fire/EMS in favor of a pool of several ops channels that are assigned based on the order of calls occurring countywide. For instance a EMS call in Florence would be assigned to Ops 1. The next call to come in is a fire alarm in Evesham that would be assigned to Ops 2. County would cycle through all the channels and then start at 1 again. I have also heard that F-1 will be permanently patched to a TG on the new system. I have submitted some new info to the database on the frequencies I have seen in use during testing and patching of the county highway channel. Hopefully we get a channel lineup of this system soon.
Do you actually post the frequencies or submitted for posting.??

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
It appears from the current assignments that there will still be a separation of north and south, do you agree?
Rick

W2SJW

Database Admin
I see they are trying to save money with the 6000's, as everyone around them will be on similar-banded systems.

My good friend is an Lt on one of the Jackson Twp FD's, and they are buying the cool toys over there! He recently got issued an 8000XE + Unication pager. They are soon to dump their 500 system for 700 P25 that will be an appendage to the Ocean County system controller (similar to what Franklin Twp still does now on Somerset County's).

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I see they are trying to save money with the 6000's, as everyone around them will be on similar-banded systems.

My good friend is an Lt on one of the Jackson Twp FD's, and they are buying the cool toys over there! He recently got issued an 8000XE + Unication pager. They are soon to dump their 500 system for 700 P25 that will be an appendage to the Ocean County system controller (similar to what Franklin Twp still does now on Somerset County's).
True. One notable difference however is that Mercer County runs on UHF and I know a lot of the northern stations run mutual aid up there. And before I forget - the other thing I've been consistently hearing is that all police channels will in fact be encrypted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.