Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I have heard from several sources that the county is slated to switch over to the new system around the third week of July for all public safety users pending some further tests. I was told that County will be doing away with the Response regions for Fire/EMS in favor of a pool of several ops channels that are assigned based on the order of calls occurring countywide. For instance a EMS call in Florence would be assigned to Ops 1. The next call to come in is a fire alarm in Evesham that would be assigned to Ops 2. County would cycle through all the channels and then start at 1 again. I have also heard that F-1 will be permanently patched to a TG on the new system. I have submitted some new info to the database on the frequencies I have seen in use during testing and patching of the county highway channel. Hopefully we get a channel lineup of this system soon.
I really do not see the pooling of ops assignments being efficient without confusion among operators on a call. I also know that the hundreds of pagers are not being modified or retrofitted. They may patch the F1 dispatch to a talk group in the new system but would still be dual on the existing VHF freq.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I really do not see the pooling of ops assignments being efficient without confusion among operators on a call. I also know that the hundreds of pagers are not being modified or retrofitted. They may patch the F1 dispatch to a talk group in the new system but would still be dual on the existing VHF freq.
I would tend to agree with you about the ops channels. While it's not unlike what the medic units do - switching between Medcom and the various response channels (M35 even switches to Camden County quite a bit) 12 channels still is a lot. I could almost see setting it up where the northern section of the county from say Burlington to Wrightstown has Ops 1-3. The western half from Evesham to Willingboro and up the river up to Beverly would have Ops 4-8....something along those lines. I'm also wondering if traffic will be fully simulcast between the two sites. The F1 patch may be helpful for areas which have had reception issues with F1 recently and also for anyone with a Unication G4 or G5 pager.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the frequency assignments in the database. South assignment are showing in the 850 MHz range. Is that correct???

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is, that is not unusual to have a mix 700 and 800 on one system.
Yup. Camden county sort of does this too. Instead of having 2 separate sites, they've incorporated a few 800mhz frequencies into their single simulcast made of other 700mhz frequencies. It has worked quite well for them.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
700 and 800 MHz are considered a single band for the purposes of P25 subscriber radios and infrastructure repeaters. It's quite common to see 700 and 800 MHz mixed at the same site or simulcast cell on many P25 systems, regardless of the manufacturer of the hardware. Any modern 7/800 MHz radio or repeater is fully capable of being programmed in the 769-775 (799-805) and 851-860 (806-815) range, at a minimum.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
700 and 800 MHz are considered a single band for the purposes of P25 subscriber radios and infrastructure repeaters. It's quite common to see 700 and 800 MHz mixed at the same site or simulcast cell on many P25 systems, regardless of the manufacturer of the hardware. Any modern 7/800 MHz radio or repeater is fully capable of being programmed in the 769-775 (799-805) and 851-860 (806-815) range, at a minimum.
Would you tell me what is CSV and DSD on the download section? I don't know what those files consist of.

Rick

W2SJW

Database Admin
Can anyone park Unitrunker (or a similar app) on the new P25 system & see if you are witnessing any LE traffic? I've gotten comments from fellow ham friends in-county that they no longer hear certain PD's on the 500 system.

I already told them that as far as I know, the system is not turned-up yet for normal usage...

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone park Unitrunker (or a similar app) on the new P25 system & see if you are witnessing any LE traffic? I've gotten comments from fellow ham friends in-county that they no longer hear certain PD's on the 500 system.

I already told them that as far as I know, the system is not turned-up yet for normal usage...
Been listening to Evesham, P-11 and P-10 st various times today. No traffic on the new system other than a few transmissions from the County Highway Dept patch TG.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'm friends with the retired chief of Medford FD, and he says he does not hear his PD on the 500 side anymore. I actually told him to double-check his programming on his scanner.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I'm friends with the retired chief of Medford FD, and he says he does not hear his PD on the 500 side anymore. I actually told him to double-check his programming on his scanner.
He may have locked it out? I just heard Medford PD on P-12.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The last few hours of DSD plus event log shows a lot of radios affiliating, switching around the channels and de-affiliating. No one is keying up and testing. The only voice traffic today was the patch of the highway dept. Everyone is still on the 500 MHz system.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
The last few hours of DSD plus event log shows a lot of radios affiliating, switching around the channels and de-affiliating. No one is keying up and testing. The only voice traffic today was the patch of the highway dept. Everyone is still on the 500 MHz system.
Would affiliating be the same as radios applying signature ID's ?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Would affiliating be the same as radios applying signature ID's ?

Unsure about applying radio signatures, never heard that terminology before. The way the system works in a nut shell is each subscriber radio on the system has a unique ID number. When the radio is turned on it will attempt to affiliate with the system controller. If the radio ID is valid and a valid talk group is selected the radio will affiliate with the system. Each time an affiliated user changes talk groups the system controller authorizes this and grants the channel change. I'm uncertain if the radio re-affiliates each time a channel is changed or not. Someone can fillin the blank for me there please. Right this moment someone with radio # 1558 is trying many many times to get on the system and they keep getting REFUSED each time.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Unsure about applying radio signatures, never heard that terminology before. The way the system works in a nut shell is each subscriber radio on the system has a unique ID number. When the radio is turned on it will attempt to affiliate with the system controller. If the radio ID is valid and a valid talk group is selected the radio will affiliate with the system. Each time an affiliated user changes talk groups the system controller authorizes this and grants the channel change. I'm uncertain if the radio re-affiliates each time a channel is changed or not. Someone can fillin the blank for me there please. Right this moment someone with radio # 1558 is trying many many times to get on the system and they keep getting REFUSED each time.
Interesting. That's about what I was kind of describing with signature ID.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Ask your friend which site of the Burlington County 500 system he is listening to.

wnjl

Definitely something going on today. Heard central tell a district 60 fire unit on North Response 1 (old system) to "switch to Response 1". Also heard a district 32 police unit on P-4 be asked by central if they had a "new radio" on them. I better get up to speed on the new system...

wnjl

TGID 3201 on the new system appears to be carrying North response units right now. This appears to be 'Response 1'.

I'm taking a wild guess that TGID 3104 is P-4. They are definitely moving units over. I'm not getting audio, I assume it is encrypted. Looks like the days of listening to the PDs there are over. :( Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.