Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I really appreciate the information on the Unication. Does it have the flexibility and capabilities in monitoring for example, Burlington County along with various VHF channels that I currently listen to? Not to mention I have the State Police set up on a different band on my Pro96 just for listening to REMS which would be the Air Medivacs.
A Unication G5 with VHF can monitor both VHF and 700/800mhz frequencies and systems...just not on the same knob setting. So what I would suggest (I'll know more once the channels are actually confirmed) is maybe having the first knob setting as F1 tone standby for your station. Have knob 2 as the response channels (however many that station may operate on when dispatched on a call). Also include the digital patch to F1 in case the call is upgraded or redispatched. This is just a quick brainstorm of how to theoretically set it up. Also if the F1 patch passes the tones you could set it up to alert on the new system and it will trip when your station is toned out. Gloucester County has that ability. In that case you could have the alert standby and the Response channels together on the same knob.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
A Unication G5 with VHF can monitor both VHF and 700/800mhz frequencies and systems...just not on the same knob setting. So what I would suggest (I'll know more once the channels are actually confirmed) is maybe having the first knob setting as F1 tone standby for your station. Have knob 2 as the response channels (however many that station may operate on when dispatched on a call). Also include the digital patch to F1 in case the call is upgraded or redispatched. This is just a quick brainstorm of how to theoretically set it up. Also if the F1 patch passes the tones you could set it up to alert on the new system and it will trip when your station is toned out. Gloucester County has that ability. In that case you could have the alert standby and the Response channels together on the same knob.
That's some good info. When it comes to the county system I am partial to a few areas. The current P9 Willingboro where I live along with North Central and West Response 1. I do listen to them all, but that's my habit. I was Volunteer Fire district 17 for years. My two sons there now. After all, pushing 69 yrs old.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
That's some good info. When it comes to the county system I am partial to a few areas. The current P9 Willingboro where I live along with North Central and West Response 1. I do listen to them all, but that's my habit. I was Volunteer Fire district 17 for years. My two sons there now. After all, pushing 69 yrs old.
That's awesome. It's a family legacy you've passed down. It will be interesting to see how this looks when the regions are done away with.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I hear that!!! I listen to marine ch 13 for the bridge to ship. Both Burlington and Tacony Palmyra.
Yes... Apparently it's you and me... Only. I live right on the river at the base of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

I've been listening to the one talk group either on the Bordentown Tower or the Westampton Tower for many many years. Since the 500 megahertz smartzone type II system was initiated. But of course I listened before that.

The two Bridges depend on their Simplex 151.01 frequency with a PL tone of 127.3 a lot more than they do they're digital system since its Inception. Kind of tells you something huh?... I have to laugh out loud.

Thanks again as you definitely know already, Marine Channel 81, 83, 16, 22, and CG 121 are your marine frequencies to monitor. It looks like we'll probably lose that digital police frequency but they will always use F2. I love VHF simplex in applications like that. I'm a dinosaur.

Thanks for your collaboration and familiarity. (y)

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Yes... Apparently it's you and me... Only. I live right on the river at the base of the Burlington-Bristol Bridge.

I've been listening to the one talk group either on the Bordentown Tower or the Westampton Tower for many many years. Since the 500 megahertz smartzone type II system was initiated. But of course I listened before that.

The two Bridges depend on their Simplex 151.01 frequency with a PL tone of 127.3 a lot more than they do they're digital system since its Inception. Kind of tells you something huh?... I have to laugh out loud.

Thanks again as you definitely know already, Marine Channel 81, 83, 16, 22, and CG 121 are your marine frequencies to monitor. It looks like we'll probably lose that digital police frequency but they will always use F2. I love VHF simplex in applications like that. I'm a dinosaur.

Thanks for your collaboration and familiarity. (y)
I am presuming the only thing lost will be the Law Enforcement because of encryption in the end. Been scanning for many many years. Uh, back to the 70's was the first Bearcat. They used plug in crystals that had the prescribed frequency

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I am presuming the only thing lost will be the Law Enforcement because of encryption in the end. Been scanning for many many years. Uh, back to the 70's was the first Bearcat. They used plug in crystals that had the prescribed frequency
Yep, I'm 66 and I started when I was about 12. Slide rule tunable monitors, so when Crystal controlled scanners came out it was quite the craze.

The bearcat Crystal controlled radios made by the Electra company in Cumberland, Indiana were a superb radio in the 60s. I had them all. Got my first Bearcat 101 programmable scanner in my third year of college in late 74.

I'll be sorry to see police dispatch gone in Burco, I know there's other things to listen to but people basically buy a police scanner for...

It's a sad situation.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So it sounds as if County will not have the down transmitters repaired. In that case I would expect things to remain as they are until the complete switch over. For the record I still sporadically hear 32 and 40 PD on P-4. It also appears that for now all traffic is simulcast between the North and South site of the new system.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Well I see there is headway being made here. As of last evening the database was updated to show 3201 as a talk group for fire/Ems so far.
Yes. That was based on the transmissions we have consistently heard for Bordentown and the surrounding areas. Central and the units have also referred to the area as "Response 1." Does anyone have any idea how the police channels will run (yes I already know about the encryption)? I would like to submit TGID 3104 to the DB. Is that still going to be P-4?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
channel is very active seems like right now it’s just carrying the North companies from the old system
Affirm. That channel is now the primary Fire/EMS Response channel for Bordentown Township, City, Florence and Mansfield because their simulcast of the 500 system is down and likely will not be repaired. What are you monitoring with?

wacker13

I’m using a KNG-2 P800. Not much signal but atleast it locked on to system and I can hear loud and clear. i have a unication G4 too but that won’t pick up anything on system no matter how many places I move it around the apartment just always says out of range.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I’m using a KNG-2 P800. Not much signal but atleast it locked on to system and I can hear loud and clear. i have a unication G4 too but that won’t pick up anything on system no matter how many places I move it around the apartment just always says out of range.
Whoa that KNG is a diamond in the rough! A rare gem. Where are you monitoring from?

wnjl

Just want to report in tonight that although earlier on P-4 on the OLD system I was just hearing Central only, now it sounds like at least some of the new radios for the units in the field are being patched in.

Also, it sounds like Chesterfield (26) got moved back to P-4? I am hearing their dispatches now on there. Probably makes sense since I imagine they often operated off the Bordentown tower.

(This is all via an SDS100)

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
What does your radio show for talk group?

Also, sds100 is what I want but they are backordered everywhere???
Rick

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Can't really tell ya a whole lot, but Southampton had portable training last night. As Policefreak had mentioned every call will be assigned a Response channel. Of course there was no info provided with freqs or talk grp IDs.
Migration to the new system would be in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.