Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I've actually heard quite a different story from my buddy in Medford. He's a past chaief & still an active member. There were only a few chiefs in the county consulted on the channel/zone layout that's been shown by you and myself here, and many other department chiefs are unhappy with the layout structure. Others are also showing proof that the new 6000's are difficult to use with structure gloves on when changing channels/zones to get off the response channel & on to the fireground ones. The existing XTS5000's are much easier in that aspect.

Many agencies will not have the mobiles installed until the fall at the earliest...
So they're not going to delay switchover until fall are they?

joey123

Premium Subscriber
So they're not going to delay switchover until fall are they?
I have not heard anything on the new system recently I have not heard EMS or fire for at least two weeks is there something Wrong With my scanner I get five bars on my scanner and I’m in Moorestown nj near the mall I have the bcd536 handheld

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I have not heard anything on the new system recently I have not heard EMS or fire for at least two weeks is there something Wrong With my scanner I get five bars on my scanner and I’m in Moorestown nj near the mall I have the bcd536 handheld
There has been a little traffic but it's very sporadic. Only a few times a day for the northern companies.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Just caught a clear voice on 'North' for 2 seconds, but was too low to understand.
I'm wondering if the garbled stuff could be the police encryption.
And now it's hanging on 3801 for a while with no sound.
Now 329? just came in clear here in Burlington on R-1 (3201)

And now it's stopping on 3108 & 3107 with no sound.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Just caught a clear voice on 'North' for 2 seconds, but was too low to understand.
I'm wondering if the garbled stuff could be the police encryption.
And now it's hanging on 3801 for a while with no sound.
Now 329? just came in clear here in Burlington on R-1 (3201)

And now it's stopping on 3108 & 3107 with no sound.
3107 and 3108 are encrypted PD. Dunno what 329 is and haven't seen anything on 3801 but that could definitely be something new. Lemme check it.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
So the 31's are police? I'm hearing some garble on 3103 now.
Wow! Just heard 6094 and central acknowledging one of their engines on R-1 (3201). And 3223 & 4081.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So the 31's are police? I'm hearing some garble on 3103 now.
Wow! Just heard 6094 and central acknowledging one of their engines on R-1 (3201). And 3223 & 4081.
How does R-1 sound? And yes the 3100s are all PD channels, all encrypted.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
How does R-1 sound? And yes the 3100s are all PD channels, all encrypted.
Sound is clear but volume is lower than the old system. Scanner seems to get caught on those 3100 groups even when there's no sound so I'm locking them out as I go. I thought they'd be on a separate system and I wouldn't have to deal with them. Right now I'm hearing what sounds like the radio guys on 3601 and also on the old system (33136). I'm about centered (but little south) between the Westampton & Florence towers so I shouldn't have any reception problems.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Sound is clear but volume is lower than the old system. Scanner seems to get caught on those 3100 groups even when there's no sound so I'm locking them out as I go. I thought they'd be on a separate system and I wouldn't have to deal with them. Right now I'm hearing what sounds like the radio guys on 3601 and also on the old system (33136). I'm about centered (but little south) between the Westampton & Florence towers so I shouldn't have any reception problems.
That's good. 3601 is still a patch to County Highway Dept so volume will be a bit lower. You're going to notice an increase in volume when channels go live (especially the response channels). That's good audio is clear. Because of the simulcast nature of the system with your 436 there will be garbled transmissions from time to time. I'll also be curious to see if your scanner misses transmissions which is common with this type of system.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Anybody else getting those annoying county dispatch tones now? I'm hearing them on both radios now.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
What channel?
The analog F-1 Dispatch (154.220). Haven't heard anything get dispatched through that simulcast system yet.
Just checking to see if they changed something before I try cleaning out my scanner and reloading everything. Too many things going wacky since I updated to 1.08.01.

Last edited:

mohanlon

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I'm beyond green to all this scanner info so I apologize in advance. I have a WS1065 in Mount Laurel. If I'm reading this thread correctly, my scanner is useless for hearing any police activity now?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Ok, I'm beyond green to all this scanner info so I apologize in advance. I have a WS1065 in Mount Laurel. If I'm reading this thread correctly, my scanner is useless for hearing any police activity now?
Correct. Every law enforcement TG on the new system is 100% encrypted.
No scanner will decode them anymore.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Dispatches been sounding okay on all 3 of my scanners. At least this afternoon.
Yeah, but up to yesterday, I wouldn't hear the tones, just voice. The tones are much louder than the voice on mine so I can't turn it down without lowering what they're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.