Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Please be aware that the range/radius circles you see in the RRDB are absolutely not based on any technical data, nor are they official. They are simply the "best guesstimate" made by the RR database admin, and are intended only for location scanning purposes. They should not be taken as any representation of true system/site range.
True. I believe it's based on the central point of the intended coverage area. That is interesting info about using Camden County's system well out into the Pine Barrens. That system is probably among the strongest 700mhz systems I know. I believe Burlington County will have a decent range but not quite like that.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
You know, I was wondering if there would be a way to relay from one county's towers to another, essentially being able to send/receive across the entire state.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You know, I was wondering if there would be a way to relay from one county's towers to another, essentially being able to send/receive across the entire state.
P25 systems can be linked via ISSI (Inter-RF Subsystem Interface), which allows for roaming of talkgroups across otherwise individual systems.

joey123

So the new system will Be up on Wednesday right and will the old system be shutdown on Wednesday ?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately you may have discovered that even while following the inverse of rrpratt's instructions you cannot get rid of the tones. The station tones are now also transmitting the PL Tone 127.3 along with the voice dispatch. So theres no longer a way to just get the voice dispatch without the tones. This is likely to do with the F-1 patch being set up on the new 700 system.
I don't believe using or not using PL on the voice portion of F1 dispatches has to do with being patched to the P25 system. Camden County simulcasts their F1 (154.430) on the P25 system and they only use the PL when the tones are going out. The voice portion has no PL so you can hear it without having to listen to the tones.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe using or not using PL on the voice portion of F1 dispatches has to do with being patched to the P25 system. Camden County simulcasts their F1 (154.430) on the P25 system and they only use the PL when the tones are going out. The voice portion has no PL so you can hear it without having to listen to the tones.

You sure about that? If the tone out has the PL and the dispatch call does not there is no way to mute the tone out. It would have to be the other way around.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how Camden County does it but if I have PL on for 154.430 I don't hear the tones but I do hear the voice message. If I turn PL off I hear both the tones and the voice.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I don't know how Camden County does it but if I have PL on for 154.430 I don't hear the tones but I do hear the voice message. If I turn PL off I hear both the tones and the voice.

Ok then, Camco has no PL on the tone out and PL on the voice call. Makes sense now. Over here in Burlco they recently changed this so the PL tone is on both.

phillydjdan

It is probably due to the new consoles/tone remote panel than anything else. Camden does strip PL on tones, but when Bucks recently upgraded their tone generator it was setup to have PL on both (which was the way it had been for years). Is everyone ready for the switch??? I just updated my APX7000 and Unication G5, so I am ready! :cool:

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
This morning and again later this afternoon Cinnaminson (district 20) was radio checking to Central all of there portables. Guess they got a mess of em.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
This morning and again later this afternoon Cinnaminson (district 20) was radio checking to Central all of there portables. Guess they got a mess of em.

I was hearing a few fire departments testing on response-12 talk group this evening. Some of them did not pay attention when/if they received training on the radios. Heard a few guys that thought the RSM was cup cake for desert!

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
I was hearing a few fire departments testing on response-12 talk group this evening. Some of them did not pay attention when/if they received training on the radios. Heard a few guys that thought the RSM was cup cake for desert!
Tomorrow should be very interesting.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
It appears the F1 patch has not been established yet??? The old channel is still there. District 90 had a out of range on R4 so they were directed to R3.
It will be a progressive thing.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
It appears the F1 patch has not been established yet??? The old channel is still there. District 90 had a out of range on R4 so they were directed to R3.
It will be a progressive thing.
R4 is up now. They are also testing all the R's now.

phillydjdan

Nope, F1 is not up yet. And medics just reported busy signals on R1 & R3. Sounds like they have some kinks to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.