Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Locals were told that the old system would stay up for a few weeks. I guess just in case. Probably a good idea...

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Does it come up as TGID 3216 ?
Until they get the F1 simulcast working on new system they're still simulcasting it on the old system and another dispatcher is repeating the dispatch on new Response 1.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Virtua medic dispatch has a direct link to the Computer Aided Dispatch from Camden and Burlington Counties. They receive their dispatches that way and then dispatch on their own TG. I'm not aware of them having to monitor any radio channels.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Virtua medic dispatch has a direct link to the Computer Aided Dispatch from Camden and Burlington Counties. They receive their dispatches that way and then dispatch on their own TG. I'm not aware of them having to monitor any radio channels.
They've been known as Sta 159 on dispatch tones. So, I don't understand the reason for today's dispatch method.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed on the new system my my handheld scanner is clear when I listen to them but my desktop scanner is hard to hear is very muffled
Both are unidens bear cat 436 and 536 and suggestings

Last edited:

aslc

Premium Subscriber
They've been known as Sta 159 on dispatch tones. So, I don't understand the reason for today's dispatch method.
Tones haven't been used for sta 159 since Virtua took over dispatch. 159 is announced when BLS ambulance is dispatched so BLS crew knows they're coming. For information only. Camden County does same announcing "Virtua ALS" with no tones for medics.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed on the new system my my handheld scanner is clear when I listen to them but my desktop scanner is hard to hear is very muffled
Both are unidens bear cat 436 and 536 and suggestings
I was just going to post the same thing. My 436, which never seemed to receive much at home is now picking up everything, even more than my 996p2. Brought up the programing for both on my PC to see if there was a discrepancy.

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
Tones haven't been used for sta 159 since Virtua took over dispatch. 159 is announced when BLS ambulance is dispatched so BLS crew knows they're coming. For information only. Camden County does same announcing "Virtua ALS" with no tones for medics.
Tones HAVE been used forever. Central adds it at the end of the dispatch when needed and announces them as "Station 159". The only thing that was stopped was announcing a specific medic unit because it is now done my Medcom.

Medcom previously utilized the CW Medic TG for dispatching medic units. I'm aware they receive the information through the computer but this is still done regardless. They now use R-1, (even though I see they have their own TG). Not sure how long that'll last as R-1 is a hailing channel for units to call in incidents and be contacted when they recently clear an assignment and have reverted back from R-2, etc.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Here's a funny. Anyone take notice of a typo in the system talk groups on RR? Not a biggy but Emergency is spelled incorrectly.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
I have notice on response 1 is muffled some times any suggestions

Danny6569

Can somebody tell me how to shut the tones off for 154.220 on my uniden 436 hp,i just downloaded the new system and put the dispatch channel in the same favorite list but its annoying listening to all the tones

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Can somebody tell me how to shut the tones off for 154.220 on my uniden 436 hp,i just downloaded the new system and put the dispatch channel in the same favorite list but its annoying listening to all the tones

Read back a page or two in this thread, it's been discussed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.