Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
This is the list of the low power regional/nationwide 700 MHz frequencies available for use as on-scene/fireground channels. Note that analog is permitted on these frequencies, one of the rare exceptions in the 700 MHz band, so they may not be exclusively P25 (see Camden County).

If I remeber correctly, my buddy in Medford told me the chief's demanded analog for fireground ops.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Well, it they get a call in my town nearby I'll let ya know if the FG ground channels from Camden County work or not. I have them loaded in my scanner.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Its from NFPA that fireground unit to unit comms be in analog. Not that everbody follows it. The norm in Florida is to remain on the trunked system. You hear a lot of "repeat that". And from a user FG 1 is 769.00625 PL or DPL was not noted.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Any idea why 154.2200 Transmissions have been very scratchy and unreadable lately it’s been happening on and off lately

ProgMan66

Will any of the 500 MHz conventional channels (such as simplex or the three wide area repeater frequencies) be saved for auxiliary use or backup? There doesn't seem to be any conventional channel activity left other than 154.22 for Fire and EMS paging.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I experience the same thing. I wish they would get it patched on to the TGID slot. Would probably be better.

Patched channels usually have worse audio. Some of the cross system patches from Camden and Gloucester Counties are pretty bad. They'll get 154.200 straightened out sooner or later. It use to sound great about 5 years ago.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Will any of the 500 MHz conventional channels (such as simplex or the three wide area repeater frequencies) be saved for auxiliary use or backup? There doesn't seem to be any conventional channel activity left other than 154.22 for Fire and EMS paging.

I doubt it. Since everyone is carrying single band 700/800 MHz radios now those channel licenses will probably expire and be gone. I believe there will be some new WAR channels on 700 MHz. FD ops channels are on 700 analog simplex and the PD will probably have a few of those also.

Rescue1

Is r1 still be ussed by medcom medicS dispatch have not Heard any activity for a while?????

At the initial rollout of the system some county brainiac decided that Medcom should not be on their own Talkgroup and didn't add it into the system even though it was listed here.. After any Fire or EMS unit is done with their assignment they are to switch back to R1. The problems started fairly quickly with various units, Fire Chiefs and others trying to raise Central on R1 to call in something they've come across however the several Dispatchers were turning down R1 due to all the yapping Medcom does and these calls were going unanswered. This caused much angst and complaints towards Central , so FINALLY Medcom will have their own Talkgroup for them and the Medics to use, however responding units will still switch to the appropriate Response channel during an assignment. As soon as the programming is done Medcom will be off of R1, which should be soon as some programming occurred today.

No, The WAR's were shut down. Also, most of the county got single band APX6000 Radios and aren't capable of using the 500MHZ simplex frequencies so all of that has been abandoned.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Thank God for that. I've blocked out R1 because of that. I have known that Medcom has an assigned TGID and that's where they should be.
Also, I've noticed lately the F1 dispatchers have been stumbling on calls. Don't know if that should be attributed to something new at there position or what. At any rate, when the County Fire Chiefs resume at there meeting in September there should be some active complaints I am sure. Just a few days ago a company had an assigned call on one channel and as they were done had to switch to another channel for a separate call. Now, that is not the right way to conduct comms business if you ask me.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Any idea who will be using r1 now response 1 channel
I guess anyone Fire/EMS besides the medics lol. A point of information the old 500mhz Mount Laurel site is still running control channel at 508.15 instead of 508.475 . Looking for Medford's as 508.65 is not on line.
Also several complaints of poor reception on F-1 on SDS scanners around Moorestown. Is there possibly a transmitter down?

tonemaster

Premium Subscriber
I guess anyone Fire/EMS besides the medics lol. A point of information the old 500mhz Mount Laurel site is still running control channel at 508.15 instead of 508.475 . Looking for Medford's as 508.65 is not on line.
Also several complaints of poor reception on F-1 on SDS scanners around Moorestown. Is there possibly a transmitter down?
I heard the one in Cinnaminson was having issues.

Rescue1

Any idea who will be using r1 now response 1 channel

Every EMS and Fire unit in the county is by default to be on R1 if they are not actively assigned to a call. This way central can call whomever, or they can call in what they come across, say an accident. The Medic units are now on their own talkgroup which will help with the Central dispatchers paying attention. If however a Medic unit comes across something that they need to call in to Central then they too would utilize R1 for doing so.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
Kind of strange that the only time I can hear the Medcom channel is if I camp on it. My SDS doesn't recognize it on scan. Not real upset about it cause I don't listen to them anyhow. I don't see anything different in Sentinel with regard to the other R channels.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Kind of strange that the only time I can hear the Medcom channel is if I camp on it. My SDS doesn't recognize it on scan. Not real upset about it cause I don't listen to them anyhow. I don't see anything different in Sentinel with regard to the other R channels.
Maybe it's a different service type.

Status
Not open for further replies.