Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saber2k5

There has been significant troposphere ducting the past 2 nights, on VHF, UHF, even 800. I was receiving Phila PD on my APX inside a house, on the first floor (near a window), in Ocean City, NJ early Monday morning, around 1am.

Last edited:

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
There has been significant troposphere ducting the past 2 nights, on VHF, UHF, even 800. I was receiving Phila PD on my APX inside a house, on the first floor (near a window), in Ocean City, NJ early Monday morning, around 1am.
That's a good tech term. In the old days, at least for me, in the AM world we called it skip, but skip provided reception from long distance.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I just think the radio guys need to get together and balance the audio between the two county systems patched.

Good luck ! You think that's bad, wait till they start patching in things like South Jersey net, forestry service and the analog dispatch channel. Get your ear plugs ready.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Good luck ! You think that's bad, wait till they start patching in things like South Jersey net, forestry service and the analog dispatch channel. Get your ear plugs ready.
They already patch SJ Net into the system on their own channel. Yesterday for the Southampton incident the audio came in consistently low.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Can pretty much confirm, TG 3125 and 3126 are Burlington County Prosecutors office investigators. Both encrypted of course.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have a specific question gentleman, sorry if it's been asked and answered... is SPEN 1-- 154.68 pl131.8 no longer used by BURCO?

I do hear the rest of the state as always... I no longer hear alerts from BURCO that were also simultaneously rebroadcasted on the old County TRS. Thanks... Bob.

howie38

Premium Subscriber
Just picked up SJ Net 3215.
Don't know from where but had to turn volume all the way up to listen.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have a specific question gentleman, sorry if it's been asked and answered... is SPEN 1-- 154.68 pl131.8 no longer used by BURCO?

I do hear the rest of the state as always... I no longer hear alerts from BURCO that were also simultaneously rebroadcasted on the old County TRS. Thanks... Bob.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber

I haven't heard SPEN broadcasts from Burlco since the switch to the new system. They use to. Perhaps an oversight.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I also have not heard any alerts on Spen 1 from BURCO. Perhaps they're doing it in encryption and not rebroadcasting on Spen 1.

Another big loss for us. Thanks for the reply, if anybody has the inside scoop to this or of any plans in the future to re-establish Spen alerts please let us know. Thanks... Bob.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jim, crickets are chirping from BURCO... actually would make sense to do it, neighboring counties should hear.

Anybody with information or insight please chime in... Bob... Hamilton, West Trenton and Points North still do their signal 21s every morning.

stonednt

Casual Long time Lurker in Burlington county here.
Was there a Major change in Medford and Burlington county in general?
My trusty PSR800 and pro 96 haven’t missed a beat since I bought them over 10 years ago and set them up using the radio reference database. Is There a new system being used that I need to reprogram for?
Thanks

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Casual Long time Lurker in Burlington county here.
Was there a Major change in Medford and Burlington county in general?
My trusty PSR800 and pro 96 haven’t missed a beat since I bought them over 10 years ago and set them up using the radio reference database. Is There a new system being used that I need to reprogram for?
Thanks
Check RR under Burlington County P25.

All PD is encrypted.

FD and EMS are still toned out on 154.22 and use "Response" talk groups which are assigned at dispatch. The no longer have the geographical zone system as they had on 500.

The current arraingement is actually simpler if you're travelling around the county. No need to keep switching zone talk groups.
The attachment can help you understand it better.

Also there are two simulcast sites, North and South.

Happy monitoring!

Attachments

• Burlco P25 Plan.jpg
    Burlco P25 Plan.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 58

stonednt

Check RR under Burlington County P25.

All PD is encrypted.

FD and EMS are still toned out on 154.22 and use "Response" talk groups which are assigned at dispatch. The no longer have the geographical zone system as they had on 500.

The current arraingement is actually simpler if you're travelling around the county. No need to keep switching zone talk groups.
The attachment can help you understand it better.

Also there are two simulcast sites, North and South.

Happy monitoring!

Thanks! The attached picture is so tiny It’s all blurry. Shame the PD is all encrypted but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.