Burlington County and the Uniden SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone on here monitor Burlington County using the SDS100? If so, particularly for the Medford and Mount Laurel sites, what are your Modulation and Filter settings?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I've passed through Burlington County once or twice during my SDS100 ownership. I didn't mess with any modulation or filter settings and was able to pick up the closest tower/towers (might have been the sites you mentioned) just fine.

Vinnie1224

hello policefreak , I listen to Burlington co public safety and I use wide normal seems to work pretty good for me I’m in Montgomery co pa norristown. But like everyone has mentioned the filters work different for everyone depends where your at . I seem to find the wide normal working very well from 100 MHz - 520mhz an Burlington co public safety is like 500-508 range .

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
That's interesting. I have also picked it up quite well in your area (Conshohocken, Plymouth Meeting to be exact) which is not unexpected given the higher elevation looking down the hill towards Philly and NJ. But how come I hear it infinitely better in those areas than 1 mile outside Burlington County? I'll have to try Wide Normal again. Right now I have it set to Normal and FM modulation. That's the best it has been but still not perfect. I could literally throw a stone over the county line.

Vinnie1224

That's interesting. I have also picked it up quite well in your area (Conshohocken, Plymouth Meeting to be exact) which is not unexpected given the higher elevation looking down the hill towards Philly and NJ. But how come I hear it infinitely better in those areas than 1 mile outside Burlington County? I'll have to try Wide Normal again. Right now I have it set to Normal and FM modulation. That's the best it has been but still not perfect. I could literally throw a stone over the county line.
Cool I hear you .... At night seems I get it with alittle better reception as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.