Burlington County feed this is freakin weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I frequently listen to the Burlington County Fire and EMS feed that has all the response zones and county dispatch. I notice something very strange though with the feed. When I have headphones on and there is nothing coming over the radio I swear I can hear very faint talking in the background, and I'm not sure yet, but it really doesn't sound like another radio. Is it maybe crosstalk from another feed? What the heck is it? I'm positive its not anybody in the room I am in or an adjacent room.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Its likely cross talk from another feed or another radio thats being fed into the same computer for recording and such. I had similar issues with my feeds at first.

Tech792

Yup....I had the same issue on my feed. The feed radio's speaker was acting like a microphone. You could hear my other radios in the background. I ended up disconnecting the speaker which solved the problem.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
It sounds a lot like normal discussion. I have heard this a lot in the past.

If he has a microphone on his computer, it could be on.

I caught an entire conversation on proscan where a guy out west was telling his wife about what it did and how it worked.

Funny! I would've told him, but had no way to do so.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I believe our theory is correct, it is something acting as a microphone. I believe this feed is supplied by Westampton Station 27. Well yesterday I was listening to the feed and Squad 2723 was responding to a call. At just the same time I heard the faint sounds of a Q siren after the scanner audio cut out.

Rescue1

You are correct on the Westampton Fire department hosting that feed. The federal Q thing is interesting though,will have to listen in closely...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.