Burlington County Fire/EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Does anyone have a list or can send me the file for the Burlington County Fire and EMS digital frequencies. I tried to use the RR database but even though I excluded what the database said were the police channels I still ended up with the police programed into my scanner. I do not want any police channels at all. I know there has been some recent changes to channels and this might be why the database is not up to date. I would really appreciate someones help on this. I just purchased a BCD996XT scanner.

Thanks
Dave.

w2xq

Mentor
The Burlco database is up to date for now, but it's subject to change as the system is being reprogrammed over the next few months.

Using your programming software, have you expanded the Burlington County Truck System tree and look at the breakouts? It's a checkbox for each group and frequency; pick the groups and/or specific frequencies you want.

Obviously you must have the CONVentional FD1 - FD8 frequencies. Expand the trunk system and select all sites. Expand the 17 Talkgroups (TGIDs) and select the 9 groups labeled "... Emergency Services".

Load this selected dataset (and the CONV frequencies) into the scanner and you should be all set.

I am in FD 17, near you. If you have questions or need more help, Drop me a private message and we'll get together on here or on the phone. HTH.

The Burlco database is up to date for now, but it's subject to change as the system is being reprogrammed over the next few months.

Using your programming software, have you expanded the Burlington County Truck System tree and look at the breakouts? It's a checkbox for each group and frequency; pick the groups and/or specific frequencies you want.

Obviously you must have the CONVentional FD1 - FD8 frequencies. Expand the trunk system and select all sites. Expand the 17 Talkgroups (TGIDs) and select the 9 groups labeled "... Emergency Services".

Load this selected dataset (and the CONV frequencies) into the scanner and you should be all set.

I am in FD 17, near you. If you have questions or need more help, Drop me a private message and we'll get together on here or on the phone. HTH.

Thank you for the suggestions.

I did expand the tree and look at the breakouts. I unchecked the ones that were listed as Law Enforcement. However somehow the Law Enforcement Channels Still are coming over the scanner.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps your scanner is in search mode instead of scan mode. If the display says ID search then that would explain it. If its in scan mode it will display ID scan. If you're still hearing PD talk groups then you could set up quick keys for your scan groups, say key #1 for EMS and key #2 for PD. Then while scanning press the quick for the PD group and it will not scan that group anymore. The scan groups will show up along the bottom of the display if enabled. I'm uncertain how the downloaded version of the Burlco system sets itself up on the 996XT as I creat my own layout. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.