Burlington County NJ Talkgroups Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcbarry

I am trying to find the talk groups the Burlington County NJ s APCO 25 system, what I have found so far is incomplete. What I have found on radioreferance made a nice dent in what I am looking for, but it is still falls short.

Bob

ctrabs74

http://www.phillyscanner.com

A one-time fee of $39.95 gives you access to numerous public safety, air medical, military, and other civilian communications systems in South Jersey (Mercer and Ocean Counties and south), Philadelphia, Pa. Suburbs, and the State of Delaware.

In short, if there's a talk-group in Burlington County, it's listed in that guide. It's a worth-while investment.

rcbarry

Talk Groups Needed

I know that their are many pay sites that will sell me the information. I believe that talk groups are listed on free sites also, I just can't seem to locate one.

Thanks

Bob

wnjl

There's no site that exists online has even remotely the info www.phillyscanner.com has for Burlington County, including the RR database (way out of date). Just put down the $39 and buy the guide, it's definitely worth it if you have a scanner in South Jersey.

gcr33

And there is no reason not to share the information on multiple sites. In particular this one which is the best.

wnjl

And there is no reason not to share the information on multiple sites. In particular this one which is the best.

It's not the best for Burlington County, NJ, that's for sure. The info on www.phillyscanner.com is copyrighted and not meant to be reproduced elsewhere (that's one of the reasons I'm sure that such good information is available on that site).

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
It's not the best for Burlington County, NJ, that's for sure. The info on www.phillyscanner.com is copyrighted and not meant to be reproduced elsewhere (that's one of the reasons I'm sure that such good information is available on that site).

How can you copyright talkgroup information? LOL

Anyone with that information should update the database here, where the information is free (as it should be).

gcr33

Sounds like someone is in Joe Cardani's pocket if that's not Joe himself under another name.

You cannot copyright the information. It's in the public domain. A freedom of information request would produce it.

Post it all here use it for free. Pay if you want extra services.

wnjl

Sounds like someone is in Joe Cardani's pocket if that's not Joe himself under another name.

You cannot copyright the information. It's in the public domain. A freedom of information request would produce it.

Post it all here use it for free. Pay if you want extra services.

Not at all. I'm a subscriber to the site but I have nothing to do with how it is run, I have absolutely no affiliation with Joe. Whatever, I guess I'll agree to disagree, hope the information magically appears for free somewhere online, $39, that is breaking the bank after all lol.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
All,

You basically have a choice. RR is an excellent source for talkgroups and frequencies and it's free for their basic service. My publication does cost money but it has much more detailed information that's not in other sites. People are angry because I charge $$ but there is alot of work that's involved with updating the book and verifying the information. Remember that RR also charges for a premium service.

As for copyrights, look at any printed scanner publication with frequencies and talkgroups (like the Scanner Master printed books). They all are copyrighted. Even Police Call was, which used information directly from the FCC database files. Even RR is copyrighted. At the bottom of the web page is - Copyright 2008 by RadioReference.com LLC

I also have nobody in my pockets, the positive reviews of my book are from very satisfied customers. But I did see that you were only joking GCR :)

GCR, also I see that you mentioned that an FOIA request to an agency would produce talkgroups since they are in the public domain. How can one get around the various exemptions that an agency may use to block such "confidential" information from being released?

Getting back to the main topic above, Burlington county. There are over 550 talkgroups for Burlington County. I have most listed in the Philly Guide. In fact I am in Florida now but when I return in a few weeks I will be updating the talkgroups for the latest changes/additions that have taken place over the past few months. But I believe that the original poster wanted to know if there are any free sites with the talkgroups. Unfortunately I know of none.

Last edited:

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
As for copyrights, look at any printed scanner publication with frequencies and talkgroups (like the Scanner Master printed books). They all are copyrighted. Even Police Call was, which used information directly from the FCC database files. Even RR is copyrighted. At the bottom of the web page is - Copyright 2008 by RadioReference.com LLC

Sure elements of the publication are copyrighted, but the actual information, the talkgroup number and what it means is not something you can copyright as it is not your original authorship.

If I was to copy your webpage as a whole with your original design, then you'd have a case.

Just a suggestion, you should sell ad space on your site, instead of charging members. You might get even more traffic and be able to charge more for the ad space...

I'm not angry, god bless the free market and the united states! I pay for my membership here, because this incredible site offers some other benefits (downloading systems via Butel is one of them).

wnjl

Thanks for posting Joe. I was kinda taken aback with the replies I got to what I thought were pretty innocent posts in this thread. I guess according to the populous here, everything in life should be available for free, lol.

DELCOLHFC

Another happy guide user.

I subscribed to Joe's guide back when it was only $35 and have never regretted it. The Phillyscanner guide contains a huge amount of info (way more than frequencies) that is not available elsewhere (at least not all in one place). I appreciate and respect the amount of work Joe has and continues to put into the guide and thats why I will not share info listed in it that does not appear here as per the user agreement.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Folks,
Feel free to send in any updates based on monitoring (and not cut and pasting) for Burlco and we will gladly update the DB.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.