Burnett County Paging System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Alright folks,

I have been in contact with some people regarding the Pageing System in Burnett County. They have Two Tone Detect set-up, and I've heard this first hand for myself too. When more than one Department gets paged out, there is actual audio for one Department and just a static type noise for another. BC is on a non-simlcast system and all I can figure that when Co is paging Departments out, he/she is switching towers, causing the scanner to get static. Last night for their Thursday night Pager Tests, a few departments had their tones set off three times, which I can figure they were paged off of three different towers. Some like I said, had just static, only when the dispatcher was transmitting and others had the acutal audio.

Any help as to what is causing this wuold be greatly appreciated.

n9upc

Burnett Co does not use a Simulcast paging system at all so depending on where the scanner decoding the audio is located is why you will have some pages that are full of static.

Understand that based on the paging tower in relation to the department they maybe paged off of two different towers in order to make sure all members get the page.

sfd119

From what I can tell, Burnett pages off of two towers for most and their dispatchers end up on the Danbury tower for voice or whatever they have their console set to.

From what I can tell (from a county away), they are TXing voice across the wrong tower.

Someday, Burnett is supposed to get a new radio system...and perhaps it will fix this issue. I don't know when that will happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.