Burnett County

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfd119

Burnett County is moving to a new radio system, target date is Oct 1. (They are still Wideband and their FCC exemption expires Sept 24th).

Sounds like Law 1 won't change, Existing Fire channel will be a page only channel and they will be adding numerous additional channels for both Fire and Law.

They were testing the paging system Thursday night and instead of doing each tower, they did one test on the new system and it sounded pretty good...but some departments had some issues receiving the pages.

Sounds like a system of Voters over there now.

sfd119

No. Law 1 will be analog. They are adding a Law 2 that will be mixed mode. No trunking, all conventional.

sfd119

Burnett has switched over fully as of 9/30. Couple spotty areas of coverage and a lot of complaining, but they are on.

ozzie

Premium Subscriber
What are the new freqs? I found these 2, 151.1075 and 158.7975.

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
So for the time being my old analog radios will still work correct? I live in Polk County and am interested in Burnett, Polk and Chisago in MN. Also what is the best aircraft freq I seem to have a major block when trying to listen to them.
Thanks
Jim

sfd119

Yes, your analog radios will work still except for hearing their digital Law 2 channel.

sfd119

What is this Law 2 or should I say is there a scanner available as I would imagine Burnett will use this new freq a lot.
thanks
Jim

Law 2 is going to be used as an overflow or alternate channel for the SO. I haven't heard any traffic on it yet. Yes, any P25 Digital scanner will pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.