Business trip to Harrisburg - what should I program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lars128

I'll be staying around the Farm Show Complex for a few days next week and I was wondering what I should punch in my scanner. I'll be taking my Pro 97 w/ RH77. So what counties will be be able (or not able) to pick up? With Dauphin (and others) transitioning to P25 what's worth trying to listen to? Space shouldn't be too much of an issue - I could easily program 4-5 banks without affecting my usual stuff.

thenewsden

Dauphin County is still dispatching EMS on 462.95. You just can't hear the ambulances for lower county due to the switchover. Dauphin Fire is on 33.80. A repeater of 460.625 works for Daupin Fire to hear field units. I'm not sure of their exact switchover date. I believe it is listed in this forum under the Dauphin P25 system thread. Harrisburg Fire is on 453.700. I think they have switched over but you can still pick up the dispatch comms on this freq. Cumberland County EMS is on 462.975. Cumberland Fire is on 46.06. Their fireground comms are not trackable via scanner. I hope this at least gives you a start.

Tommahawk

lars128;

You should definently be able to pick stuff up from the surrounding counties. Depending on where you are at and what type of communications receiver you have is the question. Need a Digital scanner to listen to York, and you can only listen to EDACS in Lebanon County as Pro-Voice can't picked up by scanners.....

Status
Not open for further replies.