Butel 536 Lite software

Status
Not open for further replies.

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
Lately I have been having either a problem with the software and/or the database.

The data base listing for this system is 100% accurate, best that I can tell.
Cobb Regional Radio System Trunking System, Various, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Several sites on this system.
Cobb County shows 22 separate frequencies.
When I use the program to connect to the Radioreference data base via Internet it shows all 22 frequencies after the download. But after I import the file, the site only shows two frequencies.
Other sites are similar in this system, the import file used to write to the scanner is not showing all the frequencies after the import.

The bad part is that if you do not notice it, you will still be able to scan the system and hear calls. But many of the frequencies are missing. It is to the point now with small systems I just key them in manually on the keypad of the scanner (SDS200). Which basically defeats the idea of purchasing the software to begin with.

Five year user of the software, this just started recently. Used it to program a 536 and a 436 before I obtained my SDS 100 and 200. Have tried several different fixes, but still having to add the missing frequencies to the import file before I write to the scanner.

Any ideas?
Thanks

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you have 856.2125 and 857.2125, that is all you need. They are the alternate and control channel frequencies. Go to the Trunk Options tab in the Import window and check to import all frequencies.

Last edited:

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Cobb County shows 22 separate frequencies.
When I use the program to connect to the Radioreference data base via Internet it shows all 22 frequencies after the download. But after I import the file, the site only shows two frequencies.

Are the two frequencies that are actually downloaded to the scanner the ones marked as primary and alternate control channels in the DB?

If I recall correctly, on a P25 system the CC says "go to 856.1250 and listen to your talk group". That's different than other trunking systems where the CC says, "go to channel #2 and listen" so the radios (and scanners) need to have a table with the frequencies and channel numbers.

So your scanner shouldn't need all the voice channels.

If you bring up the import tab in ARC536, which options are checked on the "Trunk Options" tab?

w4amp

Premium Subscriber
On the import tab under trunk options :
Checked
Primary Control
Alternate Contol
GPS Dara
Ignore DSTAR/NXDN

All Control unchecked.
That was it. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.