Butel ARC-XT not saving profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
I've been working on a large profile for my work scanner, saving it as I go along. Somehow the whole thing freaked out and what I had just worked on went away. Tried to go back to the previous saved versions, and they only open with the generic "C;system 1" page. Tried a few profiles I've saved working on a regional setup for my personal scanner, and they too are gone.

The icons are still there in my folder, but when I open every single one, they don't show up.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a problem with ARC-XT?

captclint

Mentor
I've been working on a large profile for my work scanner, saving it as I go along. Somehow the whole thing freaked out and what I had just worked on went away. Tried to go back to the previous saved versions
You might try doing a file search for *.pfl in case they somehow ended up in another location. I have never encountered the loss of a profile, but you do realize it is simply a collection of systems. The Data for the systems is still there...you would just have to create the profiles if they really are gone.
The icons are still there in my folder, but when I open every single one, they don't show up.
Do you see a file size of 1-5Kb for any of the profiles *.pfl, or are they 0KB? If the latter, then I agree they are gone, but I can't imagine how that would have happened. You may have to have to ask for a detailed file list so you get the name and the file size, not just the name.

Last edited:

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the properties of the file. It's a .pfl file, 4k on disk.

Here's what happened. I was working on a system, coping some frequencies out of one group into another. I copied the lines I needed out of group b, and when I went to post them into group a, the frequencies that were supposed to be in there, were gone.

So, I closed out and was simply going to go back to the previous saved version, which I had done a save about 10 minutes earlier. I "open profile" and it came up with the blank database. I tried other profiles I had saved, and they too came up to the blank start screen.

But somehow, the latest save, which was profile2, saved as a .rsf file, and that only opened the last system that I had imported into the ARC-XT, and not the earlier ones that I had already imported and assigned quick keys and such to.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've had the same problems so I don't think it's you. I've noticed a lot of profiles I create and save will later show up under another file name and I lose the original, or the frequencies in a trunking system will mysteriously disappear. Lately I've noticed when I download new systems I have to repeat the process several times before it actually takes. When programming trunking systems I have to close out the program and reopen every time I save a new system, otherwise if I try to enter a new one the system frequencies and/or talkgroups will suddenly appear in the new system profile. I had been using a WINDOWS XP laptop until last year and got a new one with WINDOWS 7. I can't up or download large systems with the WINDOWS 7 computer because the program will intermittently freeze up and stop, so I'm having to use the older version to program. Some other users have reported this same issue but apparenlty not everyone so I don't know what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.