Butel ARC-XT Pro v1.7 report

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallax

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm beginning to like this software far more than I did before. The developer has fixed the sporadic loss of Motorola bandplan data that often occurred from uploading an edited system. That doesn't happen anymore. Good work!

There is one glitch that still occurs, though. Occasionally when a system is modified and sent to the scanner and then the systems in the scanner are read by the software, I notice that some of the .rsf file names have become jumbled up and that the data for certain systems in certain .rsf files has somehow been replaced with data from other .rsf files. The files can of course be renamed and then re-uploaded to the scanner. But if someone didn't make backups of the original files before they were mysteriously altered, the original data for them is lost.

If / when this problem is resolved in ARC-XT I will consider it to be very good programming software. As it stands, I view this as a serious problem that requires some attention from the developer.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same thing, but haven't been able to track it consistently enough to give a bug report to Gommert. Sometimes an entire trunked system will become corrupt and some sites will be lost. Or one named conventional system will have it's data replaced by that of another conventional system.

parallax

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same thing, but haven't been able to track it consistently enough to give a bug report to Gommert. Sometimes an entire trunked system will become corrupt and some sites will be lost. Or one named conventional system will have it's data replaced by that of another conventional system.
I guess until Gommert determines where the problem lies and fixes it the workaround will be to keep current file backuos. Aside from this issue I really like the software.

parallax

Premium Subscriber
One more thing that would be nice to get fixed is the disappearing signal bars when using the app's Virtual Control PRO extension. I'll admit it's a minor thing though, not nearly as serious as the .rsf file corruption issue.

What happens is the virtual signal bars on the VC screen randomly vanish when priority mode is active. I use conventional priority mode a lot as well as the VC quite a bit, so that's why I'm mentioning this. The issue is obviously related to when it breaks away to check the priority channels; when the check is complete the signal bars are frequently gone from the active non-priority channel. The next time it breaks and returns for a priority check the bars may well return again. But then they'll vanish yet again soon thereafter upon a subsequent priority check. I should also note that the scanner's actual display never loses the sigal bars.

I can live with this bug, but if it's an easy fix it'd be nice to be rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.