BUTEL ARC396T Software Upgrade??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma438

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I have the Butel ARC396T V1.042 Basic. I would like to upgrade the firmware. How can I do that procedure?
Thanks
Anthony

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I have the Butel ARC396T V1.042 Basic. I would like to upgrade the firmware. How can I do that procedure?
Thanks
Anthony

Your post is a little confusing, you mention both software and firmware.

Are you looking to upgrade the Butel software program, or update the firmware in your scanner? Or both?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you intend to update firmware, it has nothing to do with ARC396.

This article from our wiki (links are always blue) will give you links to the Uniden TWiki by scanner model, along with other articles about the process.

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Do NOT skip any steps, no matter how convoluted they seem. Follow the instructions TO THE LETTER and you should be fine

On the other hand, updating ARC396 should be as simple as going to the Scanner Master website (assuming that's where you got it) and downloading the update. You will likely need your license key for this to work

Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you want to update the scanner firmware, go to the Uniden site:

BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

If you are looking to update the Arc software, which is an entirely different creature from the scanner's firmware you can do the following:

Start the ARC 396 software. Click Help, then drop down to Check for Updates and click that. If you are running the latest version, you'll see a window saying that your are. Otherwise you'll see easy steps to follow to download the latest version.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Does this mean there has been an update to the 396T? Or just refreshing everyone on the links

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The last firmware update to the 396T was a couple of years back - version 3.02.02 is the last one. If you have an earlier version - you can find out by following the instructions given in the article link below - you might want to consider updating it...

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Be warned - the process of updating the firmware is rather involved, and you MUST follow all the steps precisely - take no shortcuts.

You'd have to look at the BuTel website to see when the last release of ARC396T was, and see if your retailer (Scanner Master, in most cases) has it.

Mike

kma438

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the confusion. I am looking to update the ARC396T software. I went to the Scanner Master website and it downloaded the latest software but it was 30 day trail version. After thirty days will it ask me to enter the key? I purchased the CD version from Scanner Master several years ago.

Anthony

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the confusion. I am looking to update the ARC396T software. I went to the Scanner Master website and it downloaded the latest software but it was 30 day trail version. After thirty days will it ask me to enter the key? I purchased the CD version from Scanner Master several years ago.

Anthony

Click the link below for the Butel Software website.

Once you are on their site, look in the left menu column and click on the "buy upgrades" link.

Butel ARC Software

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes you will be asked for the a software registration key. It's actually two separate keys.

Those who purchase the software online, getting the download version, the software keys are e-mailed. Sometimes these show up in the Junk Folder for e-mail, for some odd reason.

Those who get the CD version will have the software keys on either the CD or the box. I'm not sure as I get the download version.

Do not discard the software keys. If you have the need to reinstall the software, or you download the most recent version from the Butel website, you'll be prompted to register the software for it to function properly.

If you still have the original CD and the software keys, you should be good to go. Butel provides lifetime updates, so once you've bought the software, you can keep it up to date.

However, given the age of the 396T, it's unlikely Butel will update the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.