ARC500: Butel ARC500 software problem

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Have a new computer side by side with older model (Dell XPS) both using windows 11. I loaded Butel ARC500 (from the original disk and registration numbers) and the program loads fine. I can download from a scanner which is programed and all appears to work.
Now the problem.......the old computer will allow mouse wheel to scroll when in the conventional mode, but the new computer also loads the program normally, the only difference is the mouse wheel does not work to scroll up and down the lines of data. I have installed the program twice and all other features seem to work normally. The mouse wheel works normally in all other windows areas.
I seem to remember a setting which said (allow mouse wheel to scroll) but either i am mistaken or just haven't been able to find the setting.

Any help would be appreciated!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Try going to the Device Manager. Right click on Mice and Other Pointing Devices. Click on Scan for Hardware Changes. Restart computer.

GMC826

Premium Subscriber
Sorry folks, found the problem. Seemed like I had seen it before but it illuded me.
Went to "global settings" then "software" and top check box is "support mousescroll wheel"
Thanks again